dr2b0804

Any ideas on safely installing our new 19”TT???!!

So here is a picture of what my contractor was brainstorming in terms of moving it.   I’m afraid going in from the front like that would put stress in the wrong places...thoughts?  I really hope we can find an engine hoist or the machine mentioned above at Home Depot for rent...they seem like the best options. 

7640F71E-C21A-4368-97E4-BA8F3873FEB0.png

On 6/1/2019 at 6:23 AM, ckreef said:

Just this past weekend me and my son lifted my 19" TT off it's stand, put casters on the bottom of the stand, then lifted back on the stand. You could say I'm intimately familiar with how heavy they are. Granted my stand didn't have a cutout but I think you could get it in the cutout if done right. 

Definitely take the dome off. I have a post on here detailing how I took the dome off my 16". Procedure on a 19" is exactly the same. If you have the right size socket wrench it only takes 5 minutes to get it off.

This socket wrench is for the spring bolt NOT hinge bolts..

So yesterday was the big install day.  It went well with no hitches....had our stk e fabricators in hand thankfully because we had to make the hole for the KK bigger.  But it’s in!!!! Hopefully plan on my first cook Sat/Sun....

And now what you’ve been waiting for....(the pics...tried to put these in order but they uploaded in a different order) 😄376D0782-E0D5-45E8-8CBF-C634085ADEE8.thumb.png.7724abac3a275113f2485a6df626f40b.png

4EDE5AD7-7CB5-4060-8A4D-8F9EC470C0BF.png

C5BAE0AB-9A58-4336-8747-3D5B8DF2B12D.png

4927F921-E913-4D93-BEEC-1FDD7AFC2BA4.png

9DB9B344-8BD3-4BD6-AE5F-F16EBF0C648B.png

35C36057-0E8B-4652-914F-65F1BDAB1688.png

Edited by dr2b0804
  • Like 5

That is a heat deflector - keeps the heat form the firebox from affecting the draft door.

If you take a look at the pictures of my cookers, the smaller one looks like there is blush on the draft door, this is because that older model did nto have the heat deflector.

It slides over the tubes that the draft door slides into.

Thank you Tucker...so it is supposed to go where I have it?  When we tried to put it onto the tubes we couldn’t slide it on... the holes/tubes were just a hair off so we couldn’t get both holes on the tubes at the same time.  We were afraid to bend anything.  Is it supposed to be hard to slide onto the tubes?

Hubby jumping in for the first time.

Thank you all for the input.

The problem I am facing is that it is not a snug fit (look at the edges of the pic above).  The heat deflector falls off every time I pull the draft door.  Doesn’t seem right if that is the correct way it is supposed to go.

Any and all input appreciated.

THANK YOU!