Alphonse

Greetings from LA (Lower Alabama)

Joining in as an enthusiast.  I own many grills - kamados (SOBs), wood burners, charcoal burners, and yes, one gas grill.  

I am beginning my studies on KK and trying to decide which one I might spring for.  I have a decent spot for one and now on to learning more about it so I could "buy once".  

Thanks in advance for the help! 

Alan

Gulf coast of Alabama (Lower Alabama)

• Like 3

Welcome, Alan! You'll soon receive scads of advice. Let me help you cut to the chase on which things are fact and which are opinion:

Facts:

1. Call Dennis and discuss your needs. You'll get sage advice and no pressure.
  2. All KK's are built to the same high standard, so you can be assured you're getting the highest quality cooker regardless of size.
  3. In spite of #2, irrefutable anecdotal evidence says that pebbles cook better than tiles.

Opinions:

1. Which accessories to get.
  2. Which brand of lump to use.
  3. The exact nature of the reason that pebbles are superior.

Strap yourself in and enjoy the ride!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Alphonse said:

Joining in as an enthusiast.  I own many grills - kamados (SOBs), wood burners, charcoal burners, and yes, one gas grill.  

I am beginning my studies on KK and trying to decide which one I might spring for.  I have a decent spot for one and now on to learning more about it so I could "buy once".  

Thanks in advance for the help! 

Alan

Gulf coast of Alabama (Lower Alabama)

I'm online taking calls and chatting daily from 1pm to 5-6pm EST.  

Please feel free to call me should you have any questions or there is anything I can do for you.
;-)
Dennis Linkletter
Owner/ Builder
Komodo Kamado
Bali, Indonesia
VoIP toll-free call to Indonesia:
• Los Angeles  (424) 270-1948
• Atlanta          (404) 418-6648 
* Sydney         (02) 8006 0968
• Whatsapp    +62 818 850-860
(please leave a message if no answer)

• Thanks 1

On 7/25/2019 at 11:45 AM, Pequod said:

Welcome, Alan! You'll soon receive scads of advice. Let me help you cut to the chase on which things are fact and which are opinion:

Facts:

1. Call Dennis and discuss your needs. You'll get sage advice and no pressure.
  2. All KK's are built to the same high standard, so you can be assured you're getting the highest quality cooker regardless of size.
  3. In spite of #2, irrefutable anecdotal evidence says that pebbles cook better than tiles.

Opinions:

1. Which accessories to get.
  2. Which brand of lump to use.
  3. The exact nature of the reason that pebbles are superior.

Strap yourself in and enjoy the ride!

OKAY Pequod, you hooked me with the "pebbles are superior" bait!  I even did a search!

Thanks for the welcome btw.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Alphonse said:

OKAY Pequod, you hooked me with the "pebbles are superior" bait!  I even did a search!

Thanks for the welcome btw.

Well...you gotta admit...they at least LOOK better. And “look” rhymes with “cook” so it’s pretty much the same thing. <_<

• Confused 1

Okay the square tiles look pretty good also !

Besides the inside of the KK does not know the difference

Also consider maybe someone is selling a used KK and can tell you the age and the story of how its been kept

I bought my 23 KK from Tucker and he took great care of it

Welcome to the madness !