Poochie

Name that KK

PJ - that's one gorgeous little 19" Hi-Cap! I love those beautiful blue and gold tiles. And I love how you and your husband coordinated the shoes and the new KK. Those shoe laces go so well with your new KK! ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing your cooks. You're about to have the time of your life!

Major congrats on a stunningly beautiful new KK!

A king discovers that his wife is having an affair. In a fit of rage, he has her executed. Lebanese author Hanan al-Shaykh explains what happens next:

"From that night, he decreed a law that he will marry a virgin every single day and deflower her at night, and then kill her at dawn.  The killing continues until Scheherazade, the daughter of the king's vizier, offers herself as the king's bride.

"She had a plan,  a very eloquent and very civilized plan to use her art to humanize him and stop this bloodbath."

Every night, Scheherazade starts telling the king a story, then stops at a crucial moment, just as dawn breaks. The king spares her life so he can hear the rest of the story the next night.

Scheherazade and her stories have become a touchstone of Arab culture, passed down orally for centuries, put to paper in countless editions and even serialized for the radio.