xraydoc

Updated shipping info

I am guessing yours shipped directly to Canada and did not have to go through the warehouse in California? I assume mine will clear customs before going to the warehouse and then will come to me after that. I may be wrong, maybe it doesn't have to go to the warehouse. Maybe it will just come straight to me. Who knows…

If I remember correctly, the KK has to clear customs, and then is loaded on a truck.  It'll hit a distribution warehouse in your area and you'll be notified by the freight company to arrange for a delivery date/time.  Be certain to ask that the driver has a hand truck.  I had a Benjamin in my pocket and asked the driver to drop it where I asked.  HE was very helpful.  I slipped him the Benjamin and off we both went.  No big deal.

• Like 1

Here's hoping. Unfortunately, I'm now in a dead zone. I have no idea what kind of progress it's making and no way to track it. I'm optimistic that I should have it in my possession by the end of next week!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like you will be getting yours before me

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

I used to call my broker endlessly but eventually realized it's like watching and waiting for a pot to boil.. So I just remind them I have a container to clear and wait for them to call me.  X number of containers from Indonesia get a random ex-ray exam because homland security BS.. you know it being the largest Islam country and all. LOL  WHen they don't see anything they charge you $500 and give you back your box with a 2-3 day delay. If they see something they can't figure out (last itime was a crate of tiles) the do a physical exam and charge me another $15-1700  Thanks guys!  typical delay for this "service" is 4-5 days.  Then they deliver the container to the warehouse.  There are not enough chassis in Los Angles so we usually need to book them for two day even though we only need them for half day. On top of that I pay a $200 hazardous material surcharge to the trucking for the charcoal...  What a racket!  

@bosco Ugh. Nope. Per Dennis' post it hit the warehouse in Cslifornia last Wednesday morning. I expected to hear something then, but no word. I am hoping that it is in transit to Florida and I will be contacted by the local people when it arrives. If it is still in California and I haven't heard anything, I am going to be pretty disappointed.