Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
John Wheeler

23" Ultimate or 32" Big Bad -- That is the question!

tomahawk66    110
Thank you and sounds like the 32 is the way to go!

I have no regrets whatsoever (ok... maybe that the 42 wasn't available when I got mine lol!)

Have you had a chance to see a KK in the flesh? (Or should that be tiles?!?)

I made my decision after seeing a 19 and 23 up close and looking at the amount of grill space for weekend burgers, sausages and veggies.

I didn't want to compromise as this really is the last grill/smoker/pizza oven I'll ever own.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

John Wheeler    10

Good guess that I actually have not seen one in person and okay maybe it is the tiles!  I was actually tracking on either Pitmaker safe or Myron Mixon H2O when came across KK.   Have to admit the 42 is tempting just cause but realistically I do need to put it on a deck!

ckreef    1,746
On 11/29/2016 at 9:12 PM, John Wheeler said:

I'm in!  Talked to Dennis today and thanks to all of your input 32 is for me.  Officially on order.

John

Awesome - what color/tile choice did you go with? 

MacKenzie    2,552

John, what great  news that is. :) Don't forget to take lots of delivery pixs. We really want to experience your KK delivery Too. :) 

MacKenzie    2,552

That is great news John, we wouldn't want that chip that is embedded in the KK to be activated and have you grill turn into a single burner gas grill. :evil:

FotonDrv    387

I just found another benefit of the BB32.  The "Heat Deflector Stones" can be used for pizza or bread baking and although they are not quite as large as the BB32 Pizza Stone each half is much easier to move around or just use one of them!

John Wheeler    10

Sorry for the holiday-belated pictures I promised.  I also had good success on the burn in and first cook...  unfortunately no pic on the KK just on the plate!

Like everyone says, you read about KK quality, you see it on YouTube, and then one day  it is in front of you after you rip the crate off.  Then you say to yourself, out loud, I never imagined it would be THIS high quality.  Then you use it the first time and it only gets better. 

Below are some photos of the bridge I had to cross...  starting with the truck having to back down my driveway.  Fortunately had built a removable wheel chair ramp for my mom that was worthy with some reinforcement.  In the end, as much as my wife warned me not too, I moved the KK myself using a good strap and leverage.  I only lost a wheel off the ramp one time!  Was most horrified  when I realized it was a very strong possibility it was not going to make it through my front door...  never measured thinking the ramp was my challenge!  In the end got it through with only one gouge in the door you can't see when shut.  ;>)    

My review:  I don't have any higher quality anything.

John

1. Truck arrives.JPG

2. Uncrated.JPG

3. The track.JPG

4. Up we go.JPG

5. Almost there.JPG

6. AT 2.JPG

7. Strap up.JPG

8. Door no fit.MOV

9. In place.JPG

10. First smoke.JPG

11. First work product.JPG

• Like 4

MacKenzie    2,552

John, your grill looks awesome and so does that cook. It was great that you were able to share the moving in. :) 

FotonDrv    387

John, good job on the move!  AND you are clearly on your way to some great cooking experiences :-)