MattyNJ1

Show me your 22" Beast Table Top!

43 minutes ago, tony b said:

Looking great in it's new home. But, you need to do something about that white interior! 😄

yeah looking way to new LOL... Time to season this thing up! which reminds me i forgot to ask Dennis, is there any protocol to breaking these units in?

17 minutes ago, MattyNJ1 said:

yeah looking way to new LOL... Time to season this thing up! which reminds me i forgot to ask Dennis, is there any protocol to breaking these units in?

YES!!!

There's a burn in. DEF follow it. In my case it was NBD, for others it requires some attention. Sorry that I'm running out and can't tell you more until later, but wanted you to have the short answer (YES!!) before diving in like I might have done :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MattyNJ1 said:

You only need to do the break-in if you want to do high temperature cooks (over 350F). If you want to get your feet wet doing standard low & slows first, not a problem - you can do as many of those as you want before doing the break-in. The break-in isn't hard, just very time consuming, so plan accordingly. It's considered a "rite of passage" here because of how folks sweat doing it. The description of how to do it is in the Owners' Manual and there are a number of threads here on the Forum talking about it, too. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, tony b said:

You only need to do the break-in if you want to do high temperature cooks (over 350F). If you want to get your feet wet doing standard low & slows first, not a problem - you can do as many of those as you want before doing the break-in. The break-in isn't hard, just very time consuming, so plan accordingly. It's considered a "rite of passage" here because of how folks sweat doing it. The description of how to do it is in the Owners' Manual and there are a number of threads here on the Forum talking about it, too. 

yes, going to have to read up on that breakin, as i also plan to take full advantage of HIGH temp cooks for Pizza oven quality pizza! ....BIGSHEP! no worries my friend i can slide that beast in and out (with the help of another) whenever i need access. However WHAT? why will i loose pebbles!!?? lol really hope not. 

I also will notch out the one timber on the right side to accommodate the rotisserie once i get it. unfortunately it has to be done. Thanks for the kind words folks! looking forward to some interesting cooks, and great results. I seasoned up the Pizza stone last night in the oven a few times. An i plan on buring a slow and low, just to season her up today. Also have some great Beef ribs from the mid west in the freezer for later in this weekend! 

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend 

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.