sovsroc

Good Morning From Reading U.K.

Watching the slow journey,its now on the way to Rotterdam :) charcoal arriving tomorrow, monolith fire starter and guru arrived today, need some space to start ordering the meat.

we have also just cleared out our old spice / sauce cupboards because i wanted to start with all fresh stuff ...also 3x plywood sheets have arrived :)

• Like 3

Really i haven't been looking 😏 (i am such a bad fibber)

It's been teasing me it went right past Southampton. Then to Rotterdam Netherlands Then it left dock early and headed North!!!! (The wrong way) grrrrr . Now its anchored in the North sea, probably surrounded by pirates as we type @Braai-Q did mentioned Captain Phillips.

And we recently had a boat near Southampton with some stowaways on that had a special forces intervention.

Nerves what nerves lol The burn it will be easy after this,what did we all do before the internet.

Edited by sovsroc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, sovsroc said:

@RokDok I bought a Tesla and coundn't understand all the people watching their Boat with their car on winging its way from the USA, Totally get it now 🙂

Winging it's way on a boat? Is this a SpaceX edition? 😆

Talking of cars, I had to wait nearly 2 years for a car I ordered a few years back. I had a bespoke colour and a whole lot of customisation done at factory so it's the very definition of a first world problem and one that if I sought any sympathy for would get me mercilessly pilloried by my friends so I had to suffer quietly. But the emotional torment of constantly changing delivery dates and the timescale drove me insane. It only had to leave the dock in Hamburg and the dealer gave me the ship number but by the time I received the information, the ship had already docked, off loaded and was somewhere near the horn of Africa. Captain Philips was still far too fresh in mind having only been released a few years earlier! 

Hanging around on this forum is a good coping strategy and builds anticipation and we all understand. I only recently realised that @tekobo was sans KK which is akin to losing a limb in her world. However, she is probably one of the few people on the forum who can claim to having owned the entire range... 

Edited by Braai-Q
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Braai-Q said:

Talking of cars, I had to wait nearly 2 years for a car I ordered a few years back.

Two Years ??

That's almost like getting the car before the ink on the order form is dry.

I ordered my Morgan from F.H. Douglass in South Ealing in 1982 and went to pick it up from the factory in Malvern in March 1989.

Had to sell it in 1992 just before the first RokDoklette was born. She was very nearly called Morgan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, RokDok said:

Two Years ??

I ordered my Morgan from F.H. Douglass in South Ealing in 1982 and went to pick it up from the factory in Malvern in March 1989.

Had to sell it in 1992 just before the first RokDoklette was born. She was very nearly called Morgan.

Great Name depol it :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RokDok said:

Two Years ??

Geez. That's a long time. Did you remember what you ordered? Given the new model development cycle on a new car is 3-5 years. Morgan is better than 'Plus Four'. Please tell me that you didn't call her 'Plus Four' (or whatever other model designation existed at the time). 😁

I interviewed someone today, about the same age as your RokDoklette as it happens. Her name was Eva Brown. Her parents had to have known. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Braai-Q said:

Geez. That's a long time. Did you remember what you ordered? Given the new model development cycle on a new car is 3-5 years. Morgan is better than 'Plus Four'. Please tell me that you didn't call her 'Plus Four' (or whatever other model designation existed at the time

Well, you paid a deposit for a car and then after 5 or 6 years you came near the top of the waiting list and you could then choose the exact spec. We made a few trips to the factory to see it in various stages of production - there was a little brown parcel label tied onto it with our name on and the car would just be pushed around the factory to the various craftsmen.

I'll never forget the spec- Connaught Green, Tan Connolly Hide Seats, Chrome Wires, Walnut Dash, Bonnet Strap ..... and door handles were extra.

It was a 4/4 ...Perhaps I should start calling her Fi-Fi 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, sovsroc said:

This Boat seems to be going in circles ....I am waiting with baited breath I think the pro-q coco is also on this vessel i might get 3 pallets of goodies delivered in 1 go :)

It's like the Heathrow stack if it's going in circles... 

Not long to go now.

• Like 2