smokin_hobo

Is Florida Humidity an issue for KK?

Any issue's with humidity?  New member from central Florida.  As my wife says "one song away from the beach".  I have been searching for Kamado's for a few days and I stumbled upon the KK yesterday.  WOW, What a beast!  Now I want one but need to due some research before I pull the trigger as I do before any big purchase.  Also, how is the customer service?  You never know when an issue will arise.  Thanks

• Like 1

Welcome Smokin hobo. I live in a Brisbane where the climate will be similar to Florida- sub tropical. Humidity is not a problem. I leave the KK slight opened top and bottom with the lid resting on the first lock. It sits under a roof with no cover and sees about 2- 3 hours of direct sunlight each day. These are made and tested in Indonesia where it’s even hotter. As you read through this site it will become obvious that Dennis’s customer service is outstanding. He has designed and produced a superior product and from what I have seen he guarantees the quality of each KK.
I’ve only had mine a year, others here are 10 years plus.
Jump in smokin hobo, I’m sure you won’t regret it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Basher said:

Welcome Smokin hobo. I live in a Brisbane where the climate will be similar to Florida- sub tropical. Humidity is not a problem. I leave the KK slight opened top and bottom with the lid resting on the first lock. It sits under a roof with no cover and sees about 2- 3 hours of direct sunlight each day. These are made and tested in Indonesia where it’s even hotter. As you read through this site it will become obvious that dennis’s customer service is outstanding. He has designed and produced a superior product and from what I have seen he guarantees the quality of each KK.
I’ve only had mine a year, others here are 10 years plus.
Jump in smokin hobo, I’m sure you won’t regret it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your feedback..Cheers

• Like 1

I live in st johns county, 2,500' from the St johns river and 14 miles from the atlantic ocean.

have owned several cookers since 2007. never had an issue.

absolutely need the canvas cover at a minimum, i built a pavilion to put them under, mostly so i can cook regardless of weather.

• Like 1

Definitely get the Sunbrella cover for it. Good insurance policy.

As far as customer service goes - you won't find better anywhere, by any company, than from Dennis. He's the "textbook example" of superlative customer service. You can contact him practically 24/7 (we don't think he actually sleeps! LOL!) and he's always there with answers to questions, helps solve problems and makes things "right." There's no "up sell" when talking to him about buying. He'll work with you to make sure that what you get is exactly what you want/need - size, tile style & color, accessories. Simply put - he's f-ing amazing! 

• Like 3

On 10/16/2020 at 1:54 AM, tony b said:

Definitely get the Sunbrella cover for it. Good insurance policy.

As far as customer service goes - you won't find better anywhere, by any company, than from Dennis. He's the "textbook example" of superlative customer service. You can contact him practically 24/7 (we don't think he actually sleeps! LOL!) and he's always there with answers to questions, helps solve problems and makes things "right." There's no "up sell" when talking to him about buying. He'll work with you to make sure that what you get is exactly what you want/need - size, tile style & color, accessories. Simply put - he's f-ing amazing! 

Ahh Shucks.. Thanks for the Kudos!  ;-) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey Dennis,

Have been trying to get in touch with you for a few times via email and phone.  Since I have not heard back from you, let me try here :-)... I have some questions on some accessories for my 22" supreme high cap that I bought from you back in 2015.  

1) Double bottom drip pan  
    Does it really work in catching the drippings and not burn up?  (making gravy for turkey would be my primary application)
    Does it sit on the deflector stone for this application?
    I read on the forum - the handle position is not at the balanced point.  Has that been fixed?
2) 21" Supreme -  5/16" SS Rotisserie Spit 
    Would it fit my 22" supreme high cap?
    Can it hold a 5 lbs chicken?

BTW, The supreme is still going strong ;-)...