Mark Surratt

Hi from N.Carolina

Hi there @Durangutan.  It would be great to hear and see more about your cooks on fire pits. I love the unpredictability of cooking over fire and, happily, even KKs remind you that you are not fully in control. The mix of variables: the coal you choose, where you light the fire, how you set your top cap and bottom openings, what the weather is like, how impatient you are, what you are cooking etc all make.a difference and any of those variables being a bit different to last time means you need to keep in touch with your cook to get the best results.  Getting to know and love fire is such good fun.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, johnnymnemonic said:

I'm still very glad I got the 42.  When you grill on a 42 with all that room to spare it is so nice.  The versatility of the 42 is amazing with the grates split into 3 sections, basket splitter comes standard, etc.

I'm just going to have to get a smaller KK one day.  In the mean time I'll still keep the egg around. 

I'm doing two cooks this weekend. Another batch of rotisserie chicken and some burgers.  Probably going to cook them one after the other tomorrow.  roti first then pop in the lower grate and grill.

Just do like Tekobo and buy one of each smoker Dennis sells.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, tekobo said:

Hi there @Durangutan.  It would be great to hear and see more about your cooks on fire pits.

Without hi-jacking Mr. Surrat’s thread any further, of course, I’d be happy to share if there is any interest in cooks on a live fire smoker. I offer fair warning, however, that I am a devout and unswerving disciple of the KISS method and, as such, everything I do is unremarkable in the extreme.

1 hour ago, Durangutan said:

Without hi-jacking Mr. Surrat’s thread any further, of course, I’d be happy to share if there is any interest in cooks on a live fire smoker. I offer fair warning, however, that I am a devout and unswerving disciple of the KISS method and, as such, everything I do is unremarkable in the extreme.

Be radical - start your own thread.  Fire, fire!

• Like 4