jeffshoaf

You scream, I scream...

56 minutes ago, tony b said:

I remember having to hand crank our family's ice cream maker as a kid. We all took turns. Last person turning got to "lick the beater!" We eventually upgraded to the electric motor - while easier, it took some of the fun out of it. 

Me too. Somehow i always got stuck doing the churning until i bought an electric one. The electric one didn't take the fun out of it for me! 

• Like 1

Here's something the churning machines can't do - one ingredient pineapple sorbet! Very creamy and refreshing.

Also had 6 more containers delivered today; gonna be another expensive trip to the grocery store this week. Not only do i have a list of ingredients for frozen stuff, gonna stock up on non-perishable stuff to make things easier for my 6 weeks of hopping around on one leg while recovering from my pending foot surgery. I guess I'm gonna get even fatter... 

PXL_20230411_170602078.MP.jpg

PXL_20230411_173356879.jpg

PXL_20230411_174022015.jpg

PXL_20230411_174158489.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Poochie said:

What's the problem with your foot?

Another result from my misspent youth doing manual labor...

Arthritis has pretty much ruined one of the joints in the middle of my foot. The podiatrist says it's considered a non-essential joint so he's gonna fuse it. Metal plate to hold it together and a bone graft from my heel to fill in the space and hopefully grow into both sides so its fuses.

The surgery isn't considered particularly serious and should only take an hour or so, but I won't be able to put any weight on it for 6 weeks. I've been trying to get things ready so it's as easy as possible but since I live alone, there's things that are going to be frustrating to deal with. Well, I do live with two cats but they're not really helpful around the house!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, C6Bill said:

I bet your two cats are just as helpful as my two dogs lol But good luck with the foot 👍

Yep. I get their food and kitty litter from online vendors so one of my concerns is how I'm going to get the heavy cases of cat food and litter into the house without the cats getting out. I was planning on ordering enough the week to hold them over the whole 6 weeks but the main cat food was out of stock so I've had a mad scramble trying to find a replacement that they both will eat.

The younger one claimed the one scooters as soon as I got thru in the house. They both hopped on the rollator walker before I got it out of the garage.

PXL_20230414_145729570.jpg

PXL_20230412_223813040.jpg

PXL_20230331_141717735.jpg

• Haha 2

I understand how you hurt your foot now. Kicking the cats. Nah, I have one cat and one dog. You start loving them like they're kids. Which they are. Good luck with the foot. If I lived closer to you I'd give you hand. And when all else fails, those cats will eat Fancy Feast in the can. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Poochie said:

I understand how you hurt your foot now. Kicking the cats. Nah, I have one cat and one dog. You start loving them like they're kids. Which they are. Good luck with the foot. If I lived closer to you I'd give you hand. And when all else fails, those cats will eat Fancy Feast in the can. 

One of the cats licks me a lot; my brother said the cat is doing a taste test and I better keep an eye on him. I responded that if I die at home and I'm not found for several days, it gives me great comfort to know that the cats won't starve.

• Haha 4

I realized i haven't followed up on this post in a while even though I've been using the Creami often. Here's a simple one - cheap store brand chocolate milk, processed on "ice cream" and then chocolate syrup and chocolate chips added using the "mix-in' function.

It was chocolaty. And tasty. And easy. 

PXL_20230512_174228042.jpg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, C6Bill said:

That is exactly why I don’t have one of those machines, that looks way too good LOL

Hey @jeffshoaf, I was relying on you to get folk to buy your ice-cream machine.  I see it as the gateway drug for the Pacojet.  I have only managed to get one KK'er, that I know of, to get a Pacojet so far.  The KK shopping channel competition is on! (P.S.  You did hook me on the Ninja.  I didn't get the grill combi in the end, just the air fryer).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Here are some miscellaneous vanilla ice cream servings, some made with full sugar, some with monk fruit - I didn't keep good notes so I'm not sure which are which, but all were tasty! I don't think I have a picture of the best I've made to date; it was just a can of peaches in natural peach juice and a can of eagle brand sweetened condensed milk.

PXL_20230415_222726863.jpg

PXL_20230428_221723055.jpg

PXL_20230507_185610070.jpg

• Like 4