Firemonkey

I've got a shiny new toy

I was thinking like briquettes 🤣.  Which is why I wasn’t really planning to cook on it during that time.   

I’m also in sort of a unique situation - this grill has been in the warehouse for years.   The grout is fully cured and completely dry so there won’t be any pressing of tiles back into place if it vents.    So I’m thinking I will burn it for a day at 325 just as insurance to try and dry out any humidity it’s absorbed. then maybe gradually work it up to higher temps over several hours.    

And then….  I’ll commence with getting  it greasy in there to help seal it up.   I’m considering putting some oil in a spray bottle and seasoning the walls just because.  

I remembered that you had posted a pic of your very early KK here, looking close to good as new, which is why I asked.  Yes, I imagine KKs have evolved quite a bit since your first purchase.  What fun, to have a new toy to play with!  Don't be a stranger.