Sorry to hear about that. Depending on the industry you're in social networking sites have been great ways of finding jobs, but often they're more useful if you've already got a network before you need to start searching. LinkedIn (particularly some of the industry-oriented groups) has been a decent source for finding positions in my area but they are dominated by Telecom and IT (or maybe it just appears to be dominated by people in my field because that's how my network has grown). So far Monster has just turned up a slew of emails from people wanting me to be an insurance salesman, but luckily I'm not actively in need of a job. Yet.

Good luck to you guys anyway, keep on cookin and doin' a wonderful job as always in promoting KomodoKamado. Tom, if it wasn't for you and the rest of the forum, I may not have found out which cooker to buy. I know that you will continue to be a great promoter in the future, as you have been in the past. This forum is a great place to converse back and forth for whatever reason. If it helps to do a little networking here, I say go for it. I for one welcome all positive banter, whether it's Sanny knitting socks, or DJ raising a virtual glass, or even Dennis roasting bugs! we're here for each other as well as promoting the finest outdoor cooking vessel ever created.

On another note, wow can our Gov. talk! He may come out of this yet!

Good luck to you guys anyway, keep on cookin and doin' a wonderful job as always in promoting KomodoKamado. Tom, if it wasn't for you and the rest of the forum, I may not have found out which cooker to buy. I know that you will continue to be a great promoter in the future, as you have been in the past. This forum is a great place to converse back and forth for whatever reason. If it helps to do a little networking here, I say go for it. I for one welcome all positive banter, whether it's Sanny knitting socks, or DJ raising a virtual glass, or even Dennis roasting bugs! we're here for each other as well as promoting the finest outdoor cooking vessel ever created.

On another note, wow can our Gov. talk! He may come out of this yet!

Well said, Dave. I couldn't agree more.

So' date=' is this jokes, ribbin or misc banter?[/quote']

It's best under Miscellaneous Banter, but I agree that our name of what's typically the "Off Topic" forum isn't very well-suited to more serious issues. In retrospect perhaps the Moved Topics forum would have been a better choice, but it didn't quite fit in the Komodo General forum since it wasn't about cooking or KKs. I most certainly didn't intend to appear to be making light of the situation and I apologize if it appeared that way. If Tom would like this thread moved or modified in any way please shoot me or any of the mods a PM and I'll make sure it happens.

Re: Jobless

Please keep me in your prayers as I look for a job. I was laid off on 01/05 and I'm in the thick of a job search...not a fun time to be looking. :(

Thanks,

Tom

Tom you are in our prayers.. Please feel free to post any networking info here, you are KOmodo family and hopefully we can help. Hope you find something soon.

This forum is a great place to converse back and forth for whatever reason. If it helps to do a little networking here' date=' I say go for it. I don't know Tom outside of this forum, I'm fairly certain, even with this literal slap in the face, he will continue in his efforts to BBQ and post pics here. I for one welcome all positive banter, whether it's Sanny knitting socks, or DJ raising a virtual glass, or even Dennis roasting bugs! we're here for each other as well as promoting the finest outdoor cooking vessel ever created. [/quote']

Well said Dave thanks! My bugs are deep fried.. Roasted? Yuk!

Once again. Your in our prayers Tom, good luck.

Please excuse my editing..

In an attempt to make the best of the uncomfortable direction this topic traveled.. I took admin liberties and edited multiple posts and deleted a few too..

Let's stay positive and hope the job climate improves..

I've been told that Wayne was able to give Tom some leads that could prove to be helpful..

;);)