DennisLinkletter

Working on a Half Century..

And the resulting gas is all your own...

Nope, I recycle it! :eek::wink:

(I hate eBay URLs!)

Actually a simple grilled vidalia onion sliced in half across the grain and grilled for a few minutes (turning once) was a big hit. Got the idea from Legal Seafood but I may expand on it with a touch of vinegar or a light seasoning. Very simple so it was imagined, but I'll whip out the Nikon (or at least the Blackberry) next time around. Thanks for making dinner tonight possible and happy birthday Dennis!

PS. Of course a daughter can make you feel real good' date=' when she laughs at you because you now qualify for "the old folks special checking account" at her bank.[/quote']

Oh, yeah. My daughter is not quite five so she didn't know to rub it in, but my wife took great delight in presenting the day's mail that included my AARP invitation...

'Course Dennis is only 49 so he gets another whole year to anticipate the joys of turning 50:

http://www.miamiherald.com/living/colum ... 27603.html

Happy B-day!

Happy birthday Dennis!

You mentioned you have been in Indonesia for 21 years. I was curious - which came first - the job (teak furniture, flooring, etc), or the girl (your wife).

As most would agree, most men end up living wherever their wives are the happiest (which usually means a few blocks away from her parents).

Happy wife, happy life!

Cheers!

:)

The weather is strange everywhere! Here in Seattle' date=' we've had 28 straight days without any rain....[/quote']

... and in Northern California we've actually had rain, always overcast and 10 degrees below normal. Strange June, can't grow okra. Was there a meteor hit nearby I didn't hear about?