Majestik

Spatchcock Please

BJs produce has been hit and miss (a lot of spoilage) but their butchery has been very good to me.

Its the same way here. Sometimes I think the few produce items they stock are just so thay can check the box on their form that says "we have produce". Even staple items like the bags of onions are usually soft and bruised.

But the meat...I really have a tough time finding better quality:value, and none of their stuff is enhanced with up to 12% solution. I like that.

we don't have BJ's here.

More's the pity...

sanny' date=' that comment with that avatar... it just ain't right. if you're going to make those kinds of comments, we need an updated pic in that avatar. black bars over the eyes are fine...[/quote']What?? Huh?? Me?? You don't think it's a shame there's no warehouse store near you? :::batting eyelashes:::

Ditch the brine, go with spatchcocking!

That's my vote Mike! Brining is useless if your chicken is already injected. Spatchcocking the chicken (leaving the breast intact) makes for a tender juicy chicken inside and direct cooking makes for the crispies on the outside! Man I cannot wait for my grill and a rotisserie - then my vote will be for that!!!!!!!!

-=Jasen=-

Alright, back to the subject...

Okay, so I've read all the kindly referenced links and have determined that spatchcocking is basically de-spining a bird Predator style. Based on my experience with whole-chicken-halves... this will work beautifully. Next question is... what about brining and THEN spatchcocking?

Eh?

:wink:

Re: Alright, back to the subject...

Okay, so I've read all the kindly referenced links and have determined that spatchcocking is basically de-spining a bird Predator style. Based on my experience with whole-chicken-halves... this will work beautifully. Next question is... what about brining and THEN spatchcocking?

Eh?

:wink:

Read six posts up! Also, get a good season (I really like the basic smoke season I posted in the recipe section on chicken). I also really like to drench him down with a heavy salt, pepper & vinegar mop every 20 minutes (till you are ready to crisp skin).

-=Jasen=-

Wal-Mart and Dillons, (Kroger) have up to 15 BS added. I did find "all Natural" nothing added at Wal-Mart at a higher price. Added my own enchancers grilled on my Weber. They were good.

Dennis emailed me my OTB should be in the warehouse today. So I should have it next week. Will post pictures.

DavidS

i bought "all natural" at sams the other day; tysons. when they say "all natural", they meant 12% "all natural" chicken broth added... i buy them anyhow. even calculating for what i'm spending on the "broth", it's a decent deal. just not allowed to brine it myself... and, bottom line, pretty tasty off the ol' mexi-K. 550 indirect about 40 min. papery, crispy skin! juicy meat!