MadMedik

Big beef "short ribs"

I enjoy cooking beef ribs. I usually cook the standard beef ribs you see in the grocery store. Often I have seen beef short ribs and have always desired to cook them. But they are very small and I have never cooked. The other day I found some beef short ribs that had not been cut. They were huge with tons of meat on them. So I decided to give them a cook on my Komodo.

Here are a few pictures. They turned out great.

I cook them for 2 1/2 hours at about 300°. They were tender moist and very good

post-574-0-28797000-1414963960_thumb.jpg

post-574-0-96913000-1414964046_thumb.jpg

post-574-0-82481700-1414964123_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

CC, look for a post titled outdoor kitchen on this forum. Ted has pics of his and all I can say is, wow!<br />

<br />

<br />

Robert

Holy smoke! That's one nice kitchen he's got there. Men and boys and the price of toys.

But as we've said ... "You worked for it, you earned it, you deserve it, so damn well enjoy it!".

Ted, that is one seriously nice outdoor kitchen! Nice, very nice indeed!

Those look awesome.. Here in Asia they always slice then thin.. which is fine but..

But if I eat too much fatty beef ribs I always feel like I drank a glass of oil.. Argh

So to eat less of it but still enjoy it my new trick is to make small sandwiches with small diameter baguettes.. 

The twist is that I scrape out almost all the bread from the inside so there are two areas for filling..

You are basically just using them for their holding ability and the crust.. 

If anybody has not tried wasabi mayo.. please do.. Sorta down the path of horseradish..