MacKenzie

Smoked Chicken and Steam Roasted Garlic Sausages

I needed some steam roasted garlic for a sausage recipe that I made this evening. Tomorrow I'll smoke some of the sausages. Here is the garlic roasted and cut horizontally in half-

86tXanz.jpg

Here are some of the roasted cloves-

K5kDdaC.jpg

Pressed the roasted cloves through a sieve and filled a small jar.

22M6LQc.jpg

I have stuffed the sausages and taste tested with some leftover stuffing meat-

8xHwrCy.jpg

Looks nice and moist :)

YU9dwuC.jpg

Stay tuned for the smoked sausages:)

• Like 2

Looks awesome. Would love the recipe for the sausages. A buddy of mine has started a sausage making business here and he's always on the lookout for new recipes to try. In fact, I'll be grilling some of his wares today for dinner - Sweet Italians and some Berberes (spicy lamb). 

Here is the rest of the chicken garlic sausage story. The recipe is one I got from Ruhlman's book, "Charcuterie, The Craft of Salting,Smoking and Curing", 

Uncooked sausage just put on a 275F grill and they will stay there until the IT temp. reaches 152F and then seared. That should bring the temp. to 160F.

OKdSs1r.jpg

Sausage are now at 152F and ready for searing.

T9VNN2M.jpg

Searing-

QijPNI0.jpg

Sausages are now ready to eat.

am6WWTR.jpg

Plated.

t5be7kl.jpg

The interior, these sausages are so moist as you can see from this pix. I will be making these again:)

PNK1w2m.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks, I'm thinking I might make more of the chicken garlic sausage meat so that I can make some breakfast patties. I have lots of the steam roasted garlic left  :coffee2:

Well, I made a half batch of the chicken roasted garlic sausage meat  for breakfast patties. Most are frozen but did use them for breakfast today-

x8e4a2O.jpg

uIt9fuF.jpg

RpJLryK.jpg

Juicy as ever:)

jQjDrq5.jpg

Thanks, I'm thinking I might make more of the chicken garlic sausage meat so that I can make some breakfast patties. I have lots of the steam roasted garlic left  :coffee2:

MacKenzie - Nova Scotia is a fer piece fer breakfast, but if I can have 3 of those sausage patties and 3 eggs basted, I'll bring the taters and Texas Toast! Deal?