MacKenzie

Fast and Tasty Focaccia, Frico and Homemade Spaghetti

First time for this bread but it went well with the spaghetti and the Grana Padano cheese frico. Grilled tomatoes from last summer made for a tasty sauce for the homemade spaghetti. Comfort food :)

I used the recipe found here - 

http://www.food.com/recipe/the-easiest-bestest-focaccia-bread-ever-27968

TagQbHl.jpg

Grano Pandano cheese with toasted fennel seed frico.

H8KqfGM.jpg

Homemade spaghetti-

qeptyFE.jpg

Plated-

19S8Y1W.jpg

Up Close

phpURjs.jpg

• Like 3

MacKenzie, you just keep WOWing me more and more! Probably only a handful of folks on this forum even know what Frico is, let alone make them! And, homemade pasta and focaccia, too! You go girl! 

Ckreef, homemade pasta is sooo much better, it's worth it. I don't think it's that much of a PITA at all - only 2 ingredients - eggs & flour; mix it, rest, roll it out, cut it - easy, peasy, especially if you have a good pasta roller.

Here's a decent, cheaper one as an intro if you're not sure you're going to be doing it often - http://www.amazon.com/Norpro-1049-Pasta-Machine/dp/B0009SS6BI/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8.

Here's the one that I have and love it - http://www.amazon.com/Marcato-Atlas-Wellness-Pasta-Stainless/dp/B0009U5OSO/ref=sr_1_3?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1428074048&sr=1-3&keywords=imperia+pasta+machine.

Thanks, Tony, it's fun isn't it:) I have the same pasta maker as you and have had it for a very long time but a few years ago I needed a new mixer and bought the Ankarsrum. It was called the Elektrolux when I bought it. It has turned out to be one of those things that you'd wish you had bought sooner:) I did buy some of the extras but not the pasta roller or cutter. However in the last year I broke down and bought the roller and one cutter. At the time I thought this is ridiculous, I already have the Marcato and attachments,  but, well you know the story:) I am very happy I went ahead with the purchase. I agree, pasta couldn't be easier. The only trick is getting the right consistency but one you figure out what it should feel like it is just so easy to make. You won't buy pasta again.

You can edit after posting. Put your mouse pointer over the note, you'll see EDIT in the bottom right corner, but only on the notes that you post (you can't obviously edit someone else's post). Click on it and it will open back up and you can change/edit/add/delete/upload pics, pretty much anything.

Not familiar with your mixer. I have a KitchenAid and refuse to pay their exorbitant prices for the pasta rollers/cutters. A basic set - adjustable rollers, fettuccine and spaghetti cutters is $160. A full set runs a whopping $400 - twice as much as the damned mixer costs!! I'll stick to the Marcato.

MacKenzie - getting a KK? Darlin' I must have missed yet another memo! I thought you already had one!

When is your KK scheduled to arrive? What size are you getting? Color? Habe you thought of an appropriate name? Inquiring minds wanna know! This is great!

I can hardly wait to see all the uncrating pics of your new KK and especially the wonderful pics of your first KK cook! Have you thought about what your first cook on your new KK will be?