tony b

How to peel garlic really fast

tony - Chef John is one of my favorite YouTube channels.  That guy is good, witty, and an icon.  

However, I just buy the peeled garlic.  I'm a lazy schmuck!  The only time I buy whole heads is when I'm roasting garlic for a party and for the guests to squeeze onto crostini and dip into balsamic vinegar as an appiteaser.  Notice that I'm still one lazy schmuck as they are doing all the work!

How well do the whole peeled cloves keep?

Back in the day, before I knew any better, I bought the jars of minced. Horrors - I confess my sin!

Tony - they keep surprisingly well! I buy a medium sized jar about once a month and get after it. I love garlic so we use a fair amount for just us two here at ChezChef!

I too have use the minced. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!

I'll give it a shot after I blow through the rest of this bag from CostCo. After yesterday's Mongolian Hot Pot that called for like 30 cloves of garlic, I'm down to my last couple of heads.

30 cloves, yup pre-peeled all the way. I usually just rinse them under cold water and then use as the recipe calls for, whole, chopped whatever.