ckreef

Random Bistro Cooks

I just stumbled on this thread, and I love it!  I will add some cooks from time to time, and I apologize if I double up something that I posted elsewhere.  This is a fun one for me to start with-

Slow and low for hours until pulled pork temperatures were hit, then jacked the KK up to 550 to bubble the skin on the roast.

post-2171-0-23276700-1449284414_thumb.jp

I ordered this from a butcher an hour away and he told me he would call the next time he "did" some hogs. Without going into too many details, they typically do not leave the skin on yet they totally hooked me up. I got to hang out while he finished cutting to my spec's.  Crisp skin was insane! 

I was bummed at my last Trader Joe's visit, as I was looking for their Porchetta, but didn't find any. Bought one last year around this time and it was insanely good!

My only attempt to make one from scratch didn't come out as well as I wanted - the skin wasn't crispy at all. But, you gave me a couple of tips that may help - didn't cross hatch the skin like yours (great idea) and didn't jack the temp up that high either (another great idea). 

1/2" thin pork loin chops. Marinated in semi homemade Italian dressing for a few hours. CI seared on Prometheus @400*. 1.5 minutes for the first side, a little over 2 minutes for the second side. Came out way better than I thought they would. Very moist at a nice MD doneness, just perfect for the family.

e0b07803310ed028962afc7a6e49c910.jpg

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Pepper Merlot Street Tacos (pulled beef)

Seared then low-n-slow for a little over 2 hours.

1b0638f8751834858e89fb107b60e53f.jpg

Peppers and onions. Add a Merlot braise liquid and the beef. DO at 300* for a little more than 3 hours.

b1483d73aadd93ef97e8e48183ed3b3d.jpg

Dinner is served a little late even by our standards. Note: color in the bottom picture is a little wacked - oh well just a quick post.

bfa165f6bfb534d6dc80327606686d09.jpg

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT