tinyfish

Ribs ribs ribs...

Well today was rib day for my KK. I started last night with some rub for the ribs, I used four different rubs.

post-2313-0-36986500-1434919417_thumb.jp

I got up this morning lit my KK at 5:15am and let it heat sink till 6:30am then I put on the beef ribs. At 7am the short ribs went on followed by the baby backs at 7:30am. I can't believe after more then two hours at 225f the dome is cool to the touch.

post-2313-0-49164100-1434919660_thumb.jp

Through out the whole cook and heat sink about 7 hours the dome remained cool to the touch... just amazing.

The ribs are done...post-2313-0-42827200-1434919825_thumb.jppost-2313-0-70442700-1434919861_thumb.jp

post-2313-0-13831600-1434919907_thumb.jp

The new rubs were great and I would recommend them for your collection.

Cimarron Doc's Sweet Rib Rub

Plowboys BBQ Yardbird Rub

Eat Barbeque sweet rub

Smokin Guns Mild rub

• Like 2

Super looking ribs. I, too, am curious about using Yardbird on ribs? 

Did a rack yesterday with a blend of appox equal parts Oakridge BBQ Secret Weapon, Billy Bones Competition, and 3Eyz. The rub flavor was pretty good, but I overcooked the ribs (got busy and didn't check them often enough near the end). Bend test practically broke the rack in two. Bark was tough, but the interior was still juicy. Hence, no pics. Not worthy. But the dogs got some tasty nibbles of the tough bark, so somebody was happy with this cook - LOL!

Nice pile of ribs!

How did you decide on how long to cook them? Bend test?

Thanks Wilburpan. No special way I go by time mostly. I usually cook my baby backs for 4.5 hours to 5 hours. I try to buy baby backs that are skinny in height easier to gage when done because theres not that extra hunk of meat on top.