tinyfish

Chicken wings Wilburpan/MacKenzie style

I loved the pictures of Wilburpan/MacKenzie chicken wing cook so I had to make some, it helped that wings are on sale this week. I dusted with baking powder and Cimarron Doc's Sweet Rib Rub and yardbird rub.

post-2313-0-76698300-1435533845_thumb.jp.

I set up my KK for indirect at 400f . Just about done.post-2313-0-69658800-1435534041_thumb.jp

Now the money shot....

post-2313-0-63015100-1435534267_thumb.jp

tinyfish, I want those wings, they look perfect :):thumbup:  :thumbup:

MacKenzie how did your wings turn out?

tiny - now that's some kind of wing cook! I see your OCD shining through the way those wings are lined up! LOL!

Nicely done Tony!

Thanks CC. I like to keep them lined up so its easier to keep track when flipping them.

Killer wings!

Did you mix the two rubs together, or did 2 different batches, one with each rub?

How are you liking the Yardbird? One of my favs!!

Hi Tony and thanks for the kind words. I mixed the two rubs together. I figured I like them both so why not mix them together. I really like the yardbird rub and if I remember you said you haven't tried the Cimaron Doc's Sweet Rib Rub I would say give it a try I like it as much as the yardbird.

Well, that didn't take long. Went to Amazon to add to my "wish list" and found a deal on it, so I went on and ordered it. Should be here Wednesday, so I will plan to do something with it later in the week.

See, I told you folks that I had an addiction to BBQ rubs!! 

Tony, take a look at this- Amazon.ca - 7 oz PlowBoys YardBird rub- $42.69 plus shipping and tax.

I ordered from Bbq addicts and the shipping was $27 for about 8.5 pounds of rub. Still a lot but the rubs here are expensive. My last 6oz jar of rub cost $13 at my local store.

Well, that didn't take long. Went to Amazon to add to my "wish list" and found a deal on it, so I went on and ordered it. Should be here Wednesday, so I will plan to do something with it later in the week.

See, I told you folks that I had an addiction to BBQ rubs!!

Well Tony that didnt take long at all. If its not too late Did you check Bbq addicts they have Cimarron Doc's Sweet Rib Rub 1.5lbs for $15.99.

You are all very convincing with your baked wings.  I'll need to give these baked "fry-less" wings a try again once I get back to my KK.  But the first time left me with:  "For the few times in a year I go to the trouble of making wings at home...why not just fry them"?   :D