ckreef

Pre Vacation Cook

I am about to go on vacation so last night I moved the KK into the house. This is my "nothing to do with the grill" cook. I actually used a cheapie $10 electric fry pan - eeeekkk - LOL

1" thick pork Tenderloin Chops done Italian style. Onions, garlic, sweet peppers, Asiago cheese and a marinara type sauce served with angel hair pasta.

e662ed2f1bc16da80711d3e5255e7b63.jpg

e119c3255b6a51877a76d75e201d6079.jpg

4ec37029d402c441b02ab049dd9854e0.jpg

d0a7b2dccb6fef21eacbccd3875762f3.jpg

b7da5ae5b58a0668353548c31757bc8f.jpg

30fa568251ffb3d5c26784545b6167ef.jpg

• Like 1

LOL - you all are the best. The responses got me laughing good.

I use to do a lot of electric fry pan cooks before my kamado days. With a little imagination I can usually make anything work.

I'm going on vacation to sometime around July 10th so I'll be missing the KK for sure but .................. I am taking my Akorn Jr with me and I'll pull off a couple of kamado cooks while away. Of course I'll post them.

WTF? Tell me you're yankin' my crank! An electric skillet? CK, do I need to come out there and slap some sense into your addled brain? You've got a KK sittin' in The Bistro and you're using an electric skillet?

I don't care how tasty that cook looks, I'm thinking if vacation doesn't stop the madness, it's time to rally the troops and do an intervention!

Who's joining me in saving an errant ckreef? I don't think it's contagious, skreef hasn't joined in the apostasy, so all we need to do is intervene, tie up ckreef, and blow some oak smoke up his ....ahhhhh....nostrils. Sure, that's the ticket. Oak smoke up his nostrils!

Nice cook! Kudos, but my son, your penance will be severe.

• Like 1

No KK on vacation although I did consider it.

I'll take my Akorn Jr. It's a very capable Jr sized kamado. I've taken it on vacation a few times and on my honeymoon. I've cooked just about everything on it except brisket.

It'll hold a 7# butt, a decent sized prime rib roast. Can easily get 16+ hours Low-n-slow.

Prometheus might be jealous but he'll have to get over it - LOL - if he wasn't such a fattie I could get him in the back of the car.

Prometheus might be jealous but he'll have to get over it - LOL - if he wasn't such a fattie I could get him in the back of the car.

With a BMI of 41, I resemble that remark! But, I betcha I could still fit into your back seat!! So, no excuses for leaving the fat boy at home!

I've taken it on vacation a few times and on my honeymoon.

Most people take their partners on the honeymoon;) But considering you cook in a 10 inch electric skillet.....

LOL - Yea I took her too.

1st half of honeymoon was in a cabin. Had to take a kamado so I could not only steal her heart but also her stomach and taste buds.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

With a BMI of 41, I resemble that remark! But, I betcha I could still fit into your back seat!! So, no excuses for leaving the fat boy at home!

I have a small suv type vehicle so it would fit just not sure if the wife or son was up to lifting it into the back - they are scared they would drop it and I'd have to buy another one - LOL

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Not taking Prometheus, huh? He's gonna be pissed! And hell hath no fury like a pissed off Prometheus!

CK - here's hoping all y'all have a wonderful and safe vacation! Kiss all the pretty girls for me! It's ok, kiss 'em. I asked Suzy if you could do that for me and she said that as long as it was for me, she'd let you! LOL!

CK - here's hoping all y'all have a wonderful and safe vacation! Kiss all the pretty girls for me! It's ok, kiss 'em. I asked Suzy if you could do that for me and she said that as long as it was for me, she'd let you! LOL!

I have visions of Loranna Bobbit dancing through my head - eeeekkk