Cookie

What is the world coming to???

It's hard to imagine enough smoke billowing out of the place to affect more than one homeowner. Maybe the others just don't like the smell of BBQ. That can linger for half a block. As my old Grandpa used to say; some people would complain if you hung them with a new rope.

Don't ever move next to me. When I crank up the charcoal kiln, if the smoke is hanging low, I'll fill the woods with smoke for a 1/4 mile radius. And I'm not talking a little whiff of smoke either - think billowing clouds. Sure glad I live in an area of the US that doesn't have a bunch of stupid rules and regulations.

A few years ago when FL was having bad forest fires you could smell the fires in the early morning and those were 400+ miles away.

I once cooked a big fatty duck on the rotisserie without any drip pan.. When the fat started to drip it created a thick white plume of fatty smoke that filled my garden like I was in a cloud on a mountain top.. I immediately called my neighbors to see if they were home.. luckily they were not. It was like a train chugging thick white smoke for about an hour and twenty minutes.. I was thrilled the gentle wind was blowing away from my house!

;-)