bryan

CD use

lol, my kids asked me the other day what a tape cassette was.   I was like you are kidding right.  I said it was like a CD and they said what do you mean a CD. I had to explain that before the apple store and iPod we owned tapes and CD's were used as an album.  They were in shock!!!

The digital revolution is upon us!!!

How about reel to reel? I've got a ton of vinyl 45s and LPs! Talk about collectors' items!

I'm told by my audiophile friends, the guys who drop $100,00+ on ultra high end systems and think nothing of it, that vinyl gives the absolute best reproduction. You couldn't prove it by my ears, but then I'm half deaf.

We still have all of our old vinyl. My daughter, who is 25, and her friends all of a sudden want and collect vintage vinyl. Many of my friends also insist it is the best sound reproduction, I appreciate the art of the covers and listening to them. Some of the album covers on LP's were created by some if the best illustrators and photographers.

All tapes fade in time. CD's do not. Thus copy to CD. (transfered all family tapes!)

Not exactly true. Years ago the National Archives started transferring everything to CD. Now they have figured out not all CD's are created equal. Over time a lot of the CD's hazed over and some outright cracked and that was stored in a controlled environment. Now they have to go back and redo all that work in straight digital.