tomahawk66

Quick sous vide wagyu sirloin salad

This was an obscene piece of meat: a wagyu imported Australian sirloin. On the marbling scale this was an M9 grade (at least I think that's how marbled it is). We were in a rush so I didn't get a photo but a full 1lbs steak!

This was After the water bath:

abc984ad78a87ff0d0882c57ae1e4a16.jpg

Then after the blow torch :

ba2bbc314e6f8d4ea2d54991a1feb6d4.jpg

Carved:

33bcf62ee24063837f23c2ee472417bc.jpg

Moneyshot; blue cheese and red onion salad (red onions poached for 4 minutes then steeped in balsamic, lemon and olive oil)

11add89cf92b8b04b6c100126d7dc526.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomahawk, your steak dinner looks perfectly delicious and I hope you saved the bag juice to make soup.:)

That was the strange thing MacKenzie, I only had 2 hours in the water bath at 54C and there was only about a tea spoon of juice left in the bag... Any theories as to why? I'm stumped!

tomahawk, I have no idea, I've never had that little juice left. :( Usually I do my steaks at 132 F for several hours and there is not a lot of juice but never as little as 1 teaspoonful. I've never done them for only 2 hour and never below 130 F.

130 is a good rate plus I'd say. Or a French medium rare.

A sirloin like this is so tender you just need to bring it up to temp through and then it's good to go: no need for a long cook to tenderize it.