ckreef

Old School - Apple Sage Tenderloin

Went old school last night and cooked this meal in a 50+ years old SS electric fry pan. My mom got it from my uncle when he passed away. I got it from my mom when she passed away. Still cooks and looks as good as new.

Basic McCormick recipe. Chopped onion, apples, wet ingredients, dry ingredients and a pork Tenderloin I cubed up.

b2e914eb14aa983bb9285701f9829377.jpg

Sprinkled on 1/3 of the dry ingredients then pan seared the pork.

e0c34c6e897013f0d0de364809d84d22.jpg

Removed the pork then slightly carmalized the onion.

7518986709cd85033881c1df574de06d.jpg

Added the apples then cooked for a few minutes.

1fe671edba7dbd44d9bef617d8c6d269.jpg

Deglazed with the wet ingredients, added the rest of the dry ingredients and the seared pork.

588462cc5ec9d166d6bb4b0235ec774b.jpg

Cooked for a few more minutes then served with rice and baby carrots.

f94187540cebe85f7a70b0bdcb7f672a.jpg

This meal just works really well in an electric fry pan and is a favorite at Reef's Bistro.

• Like 1

ckreef, this has to taste as good as it looks, would you be willing to share the recipe?

This is the recipe I used.

I did peel my apples and used Tenderloin instead of chops. I also ran out of paprika (how does that happen anyway?)

http://www.mccormick.com/Recipes/Main-Dishes/Apple-and-Sage-Pork-Chops?utm_source=google-bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=+sage+pork+chops&utm_content=AS_Pork_Chops_categorylp&utm_campaign=cookingeg&gclid=Cj0KEQjw4ZOwBRDoxpjAvPXAl5MBEiQAEek_3iGrjCOqztBkzIaQo7uj77GTBmb1e6h4-PsGTyhaaLkaAgyl8P8HAQ

I've made these for a few years now - before my kamado days - a family favorite.

Edited by ckreef

This is the recipe I used.

I did peel my apples and used Tenderloin instead of chops. I also ran out of paprika (how does that happen anyway?)

http://www.mccormick.com/Recipes/Main-Dishes/Apple-and-Sage-Pork-Chops?utm_source=google-bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=+sage+pork+chops&utm_content=AS_Pork_Chops_categorylp&utm_campaign=cookingeg&gclid=Cj0KEQjw4ZOwBRDoxpjAvPXAl5MBEiQAEek_3iGrjCOqztBkzIaQo7uj77GTBmb1e6h4-PsGTyhaaLkaAgyl8P8HAQ

I've made these for a few years now - before my kamado days - a family favorite.

Thank you, ckreef.