tomahawk66

Now the real journey begins... My KK story

Jokes aside, I'm really starting to get into bourbon and also rum- I've been a single malt man for a while but it just feels wrong sipping on a smokey Islay single malt in 90 degree heat!!

I've decided to save the scotch for my annual trip to Mongolia and am trying to find out more about bourbon. My last trip to Chicago I ended up in "Untitled" a speakeasy on West Kinzie St that just so happens to have the largest collection of american whiskey in the world, that was a great introduction as I went from american single malts to eyes and bourbons and then... Well... It all gets a little hazy!!

Regards,

Oliver

In Singapore. Soon to be the proud owner of a Cobalt Blue 32

When you came to view the KKs, you should have told me you were a bourbon man.  You'd have gotten something different than a beer.  Originally from Kentucky, I have about 15 different labels on hand...most notably Pappy Van Winkle -- which only comes out on Father's day and my birthday.

Tony is right, PVW is pretty much impossible to get, even in the USA - even in the state where it is produced.  My wife coordinated a stateside 'mission impossible' from Singapore and scored me a bottle at retail (expensive, but not the crazy secondary market price).  She tried again last year for Christmas but no such luck.  I'm halfway through the bottle, I told her when we got to 25% remaining, only then would we declare a state of emergency.  Honestly, it is very good, but it isn't USD $1,500 good which is what it would cost you in the secondary market right now.

Suprise phone call from Dennis just now: "hey, your grill is in Singapore but the delivery guys can't reach you"

Apparently in the rush of my relocation id given my China number which got switched off last week.

But what great news! And just after Bosco's!!

Regards,

Oliver

In Singapore. Soon to be the proud owner of a Cobalt Blue 32 😄