tinyfish

Steaks Ribs and Baked Beans

I'll think about it. But, I'm really going to have to up my game on the picture end of it to compete with you guys! I can cook, know how to plate, but my pictures never seem to come out well.

I only use my cell phone for pictures and it's an older model to boot. What helped my pictures was lighting. I have a lamp that I use for the extra light.

Mine are blurry when you blow them up to look at details, especially taken on the phone. When I really want to do it right, I use the regular camera, delay timer, and tripod. But, it's a PITA normally, especially trying to get pics on the grill. I don't like leaving it open that long; lose a lot of heat and smoke. 

I'll think about it. But, I'm really going to have to up my game on the picture end of it to compete with you guys! I can cook, know how to plate, but my pictures never seem to come out well.

You enter anyway - who really cares who wins - it's all about pushing yourself. I think you would do better than you think you would - OK say that three times really fast - LOL.

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT

I only use my cell phone for pictures and it's an older model to boot. What helped my pictures was lighting. I have a lamp that I use for the extra light.

Yup I have a simple point and shoot android camera. Two simple lamps with daylight bulbs really helps.

Mine are blurry when you blow them up to look at details, especially taken on the phone. When I really want to do it right, I use the regular camera, delay timer, and tripod. But, it's a PITA normally, especially trying to get pics on the grill. I don't like leaving it open that long; lose a lot of heat and smoke.

Just snap them with the phone - your a good enough cook your skills will help make up for crappy pictures.

You guys are awfully convincing, but the Guru crowd seems a little cliquey to me. How open are they to "newbies" over there, especially someone with a KK???

You'd be good to go as long as you don't go the my kamado is better than your kamado route. New members join every day and they are welcomed with open arms. Some of those members enter the challenge. Guru is a probably one of the most accepting bbq forums out there.

The only problem I have with the Guru forum is that there are so many posts & content on the site.......that if you don't check it a few times everyday, it is difficult to keep up with all the great information.  

I know.........wonderful problem to have!!!!!