ckreef

King Arthur Artisan Pizza Dough

Pictures from last night's pizza cook.

I made a double batch and divided into 3 balls which made proper sized pizzas. I used 00 flour with 4 tsp Vital Wheat Gluten instead of King Arthur AP flour. The first 2 I used parchment paper. For mine I built it straight on a wooden peel sprinkled with Semolina.

Hawke's pizza was Shiitake mushrooms and anchovies.

232703c9b28ce95523fcac54c4f7476d.jpg

Mrs skreef's pizza was Italian sausage and green peppers.

c36a60776e1d7108d5312a4295b98bd6.jpg

Mine was sliced tomatoes, Shiitake mushrooms, Bulgarian Feta (a strange, very strong and moist feta) and fresh Basil.

32a82819dae72aab85c212c6a66f173d.jpg

They came out decent. The crust definitely had a softer inside. But compared to using King Arthur AP flour:

Didn't stretch as well,

Took longer to brown,

Didn't have as airy of a crust. (oven spring)

I know there are many factors that are in play effecting the outcome and only one test run of the 2 different doughs is hardly enough to come to any serious conclusions. Next batch will go back to King Arthur AP flour and see if my conclusions seem valid.

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT

Even if things don't always turn out as we hoped they some how always taste great.:)

They tasted good just not top of the game for me. Family thought they were great. Of course this is after working a very long 14 hour day and we didn't eat until about 10:00 pm.

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT