ckreef

Akorn Jr Vacation Kamado

I've had one of these before and wooooed Mrs skreef with fine dining off it on our honeymoon at a cabin. I ended up getting rid of it (big mistake). Fortunately Chargriller came out with another production run after about 2 years.

Insulated steel with 14" CI grate. I also got the smoking stone deflector. Total with shipping just over $200. Weighs in at 37 lbs so really easy to transport by yourself. Doesn't compare with a KK but it'll do in a pinch. Better than nothing while on vacation.

Anyway needed to season the CI grates and didn't want to waste the heat. Petite sirloin fillets and lobster Tails for two. I could have done 4 of each.

I'm loving these $5 tails from Kroger. They say they'll be on sale all summer.

26203ef1f763d0f690c96cd36f067537.jpg

1bb98695e575f01e5c6b6516aea8428b.jpg

Reef's Bistro

• Like 3

The 16.5" would work for a vacation kamado if you had two decent sized adults to load and unload it. Mrs skreef is a rather petite woman so I had to come up with something different. Of all the Jr sized Kamados this really is the best one for travel.

Reef's Bistro

• Like 1

The 16.5" would work for a vacation kamado if you had two decent sized adults to load and unload it. Mrs skreef is a rather petite woman so I had to come up with something different. Of all the Jr sized Kamados this really is the best one for travel.

Reef's Bistro

I reckon your right the lighter the better especially if you have to carry it a fair way the kj jr is great but carrying that the esky and what not the fun factor will soon wear off lol

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill ♨