KevinD

First Pizza Cooks on Pele

Thanks for the kudos on the calzone...it was my first one ever and as I mentioned, I committed the error that many have before me...I overstuffed it thinking it was "just a little bit", but not so - LOL!

The bread turned out to be better than I expected as the part that looked the most overdone/burned, really was nothing more than a bubble that rose away from the bulk of the loaf and it took the brunt of the higher heat in the dome.  As mentioned before I will take MacK's suggestion and go for a cook at 450°F and that should be just fine… 

Edited by KevinD

57 minutes ago, MacKenzie said:

Kevin, because our KK tops are different, mine has the high cap,  so I think our breads would be a different distance from the inner surface of the top so this make a difference in the browning of the top crust. We just have to work out the time for our own breads. :)

Mac how much higher do u think your cap is then the 23 is there a ton of difference? ??

I only have one, the 21 inch high cap so I can't actually measure it but if you look at the pixs of both models you can see that there appears to be a big difference. The high cap is really good for getting things like pizza/bread up higher into the cap. That was my reason for buying that model.

• Like 1