Aussie Ora

Things are looking good

20 minutes ago, Aussie Ora said:

Good find Ckreef I was looking at a Cole -mason grinder yesterday .I'm just using my electric one for now tried some on a steak last night tasted really good

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

I was going to go Cole & Manson until I read all that. (it was also a little taller than what I was looking for) Going to go with a OXO. Ceramic burs, cheaper and the height was what I was looking for. Has mixed but decent reviews overall. Bed Bath and Beyond has them in stock locally. I finally get a full weekend off  for Easter (first weekend off in a long time). Hopefully can score this and your secret ingredient this weekend. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aussie Ora said:

It's nice to get a break you won't know yourself. I finally found what I could use my foodsaver containers for 30afb821eca94cee03a3b847c2ba84a5.jpg still got some left in the bag as you can see this is going to last a long time

So did you vacuum seal the containers. Going to have to look for some of those. I was thinking about vacuum sealing a bunch of bags of berries but those containers look easier. 

• Like 1

Thanks, Aussie. I've never used mine either, so thanks for the tip.
btw - Did you get the quick marinade container, too? I've used that one a lot. 

I've seen that at the shop mine came with just the three bonus canisters. I got it at Christmas and they have still been wrapped up so I thought why not the berrys

• Like 1

Totally awesome. I think Aussie Post has a lot to learn about tracking packages. 

As soon as Mrs skreef gets up we're  going into Macon this morning. There are 3 possible stores that carry the special ingredient I'm looking for. Hopefully one of them will have it. When you finally get the package and I tell you what part the special ingredient is you'll understand how ridiculous it is that I've had so much trouble finding it. If I strike out this weekend I'll just order it online but that will add another week or so delay. 

Should be able to pickup my S & P grinders today. 

• Like 1

@Aussie Ora a total of 6 stores including the 4 I went to today. I finally scored your final ingredient. They had 10 packets, I bought them all. Will send you 5 packets which should make you  10 batches following my recipe. Will get it all boxed up tomorrow and off to the post office on Monday or Tuesday. 

Yay the road and store rage is over - LOL 

• Like 1

[mention=2714]Aussie Ora[/mention] a total of 6 stores including the 4 I went to today. I finally scored your final ingredient. They had 10 packets, I bought them all. Will send you 5 packets which should make you  10 batches following my recipe. Will get it all boxed up tomorrow and off to the post office on Monday or Tuesday. 
Yay the road and store rage is over - LOL 

What an effort onya ckreef this is sounding exciting

• Like 1

Noticed that you shipped them differently - mine was "economy" and Charles' was "standard." That might have something to do with it, perhaps??

Noticed that you included "signature on delivery," so we'll need to be home when it arrives. No problems for me, as I'm retired, but since both Reefs work, could be an issue??

13 hours ago, tony b said:

Noticed that you shipped them differently - mine was "economy" and Charles' was "standard." That might have something to do with it, perhaps??

Noticed that you included "signature on delivery," so we'll need to be home when it arrives. No problems for me, as I'm retired, but since both Reefs work, could be an issue??

10 hours ago, Aussie Ora said:

I asked the lady to send them with tracking and standard maybe she stuffed up .I've sent ckreef a package before with sod should be no problem .my postman safe drops my parcels even with sod .anyway they are on their way now you are going to be happy when it rocks up

No real issue. I'll get a note in the mail box. Next day I take the note to the post office and pick it up. Depending on where Susan is working that day she might be able to get it same day.