ckreef

Christmas Shopping in FL

There is a history of the Syracuse "Salt Potatoes" and of course there are many versions of the story.  Syracuse was called the Salt City years ago because of the salt mining industry.  The poor immigrant workers would put new/small potatoes into the salt evaporation tubs and cook them for lunch.  They could only afford the small, bitter potatoes.  The salt bath would turn the inexpensive potatoes into really tasty potatoes.....and the legend lives on in this area.  A local company brought them back and made them famous serving them at outdoor clam bakes.  Now all the area grocery stores carry them along with the bag of fine salt included.
You can use small red potatoes or "new" potatoes with the salt and get about the same effect / taste.      
HISTORY OF SALT POTATOES

Cheers Jon B .nice artical

Outback kamado Bar and Grill

• Like 1

[mention=2714]Aussie Ora[/mention]

Chris, my friend you outdid yourself. So many awesome flavors. I'm going to save one of the bottles for next time I visit my sister (hopefully not a year from now). I already have some recipes swirling in my head. 

And I also have some original Aussie art

AOa.thumb.jpg.7151ff42bb8a5fc480b0d05822adb712.jpg

AOb.thumb.jpg.331814ca1e7c27c04401362d5a0d8e0a.jpg

Glad it landed in one piece mate .funny Usps and Australia post both say it's in transit lol .That is a work of art I've even signed it for you check the customs declaration . The Dr Paul and rib racks are both local start up company's

21 minutes ago, Aussie Ora said:

Hey@ckreef check the box again you missed something it's tucked away on the side

Now that's funny. I saw that on the customs declaration. When I opened the box and saw everything it just totally slipped my mind. Glad you reminded me. Will definitely try something out of that cookbook when I can find some prawns that are worthy. 

Thank you again, what a great box. And TY for sending the box back. Those are awesome for shipping bottles. Maybe next time I'll send the Aussie art to someone else. 

AOc.thumb.jpg.832293fb0ef3422e4f5a74de8639d9b6.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tony b said:

Good news, gents! The last of your stuff arrived today in the mail - back ordered for 3 weeks! Hope to get everything boxed up and to the Post Office tomorrow. Will post the tracking numbers thereafter. 

I can't wait. I setup something special at the Bistro for all my friends. Will post a picture with details in the future. 

• Like 1

Now that's funny. I saw that on the customs declaration. When I opened the box and saw everything it just totally slipped my mind. Glad you reminded me. Will definitely try something out of that cookbook when I can find some prawns that are worthy. 
Thank you again, what a great box. And TY for sending the box back. Those are awesome for shipping bottles. Maybe next time I'll send the Aussie art to someone else. 
AOc.thumb.jpg.832293fb0ef3422e4f5a74de8639d9b6.jpg

Kewl it's got some great recipes

OK, first the story. Got all the stuff assembled, boxed, labeled and off to the Post Office. Decent line, get to the counter after about 15 minutes or so - Reef's and MacKenzie's packages OK, Aussie's not so much. Turns out, you can't ship anything in a box that has visible display of any alcohol product - I had packed his stuff in a wine case box. :smt018 So, back home, unbox, re-package everything in a "plain" box, relabel and back to the Post Office, just before they closed. After 2 trips, everything is on it's way! :smt041

Reef's tracking number - 9534 6103 0107 8017 2443 37  Expected arrival - Tuesday 23rd.

MacKenzie's tracking number - LA077226629US  Expected arrival - TBD? (Sorry MacKenzie, it's "In Transit" and will hopefully have an arrival target by tomorrow.)

And, finally, Aussie's tracking number - EW001841364US  Expected arrival - Wednesday 24th.

Funny that it can go half-way around the world almost as fast as from here to GA! But, it costs 30x as much to ship!! Not sh!tting you - granted Aussie's box weighs twice as much as Reef's, but it's literally costing almost 30 times as much in postage. 

But, all that matters is that everything arrives intact! Lots of bubble wrap, ziploc bags and newspaper! Fingers still crossed. 

Edited by tony b
  • Like 2

Awesome can't wait to see what comes. 

Interesting, I've never been given an expected delivery date on anything I sent to Aussie. Can't see how that delivery date is going to work since it still has to go through Australia Post. Just curious did you send Aussie's priority international? 

• Like 1

OK, first the story. Got all the stuff assembled, boxed, labeled and off to the Post Office. Decent line, get to the counter after about 15 minutes or so - Reef's and MacKenzie's packages OK, Aussie's not so much. Turns out, you can't ship anything in a box that has visible display of any alcohol product - I had packed his stuff in a wine case box. :smt018 So, back home, unbox, re-package everything in a "plain" box, relabel and back to the Post Office, just before they closed. After 2 trips, everything is on it's way! :smt041 Reef's tracking number - 9534 6103 0107 8017 2443 37  Expected arrival - Tuesday 23rd.

MacKenzie's tracking number - LA077226629US  Expected arrival - TBD? (Sorry MacKenzie, it's "In Transit" and will hopefully have an arrival target by tomorrow.)

And, finally, Aussie's tracking number - EW001841364US  Expected arrival - Wednesday 24th.

Funny that it can go half-way around the world almost as fast as from here to GA! But, it costs 30x as much to ship!! Not sh!tting you - granted Aussie's box weighs twice as much as Reef's, but it's literally costing almost 30 times as much in postage. 

But, all that matters is that everything arrives intact! Lots of bubble wrap, ziploc bags and newspaper! Fingers still crossed. 

Thats kewl tony cant wait should have asked for a marker to scribble over it lol .Funny yeah our adventures are not cheap but ever so worth it .I find it amazing how your parcels go the direct route Chicago ,Japan .Perth. even Jon b from new York way goes through Chicago, Japan, Perth .and ckreef in Georgia goes around the world lol  

8 hours ago, ckreef said:

Interesting, I've never been given an expected delivery date on anything I sent to Aussie. Can't see how that delivery date is going to work since it still has to go through Australia Post. Just curious did you send Aussie's priority international? 

The Postal Worker said something during processing that it qualified for some free upgrade. Maybe that was it?? All I know is that the receipt says "(Guaranteed Delivery) (Wednesday January 24, 2018) (Money Back Guarantee)"

All 3 packages left Cedar Rapids last night @ 10:32pm. Reef's landed in Des Moines this morning. MacKenzie's and Aussie's are likely in Chicago, but the status doesn't say so yet.