Porkchop

Komodo Kamado logo??

Dennis,

living in Indonesia, i'm sure you already know how cool the Komodo Monitor is. Have you considered using a nice rendering of one as a logo? It would be nice to emboss some of your excellent stainless or a neat kind of "medallion" you could imbed or grout to the KK dome.

like your cooker, they are beautiful and tough. and capable of "ingesting" an entire goat :D

komodo-dragon-rgibson-1134.jpeg

any artists out there? what about a logo contest, just for fun?

I don't know about that; a stylized full-front of the face with those eyes bearing down on you as you reach for the dome handle... stamped in stainless steel...

I think it'd be cool. I've actually got a picture of it in my head, just not the talent to render it.

maybe something like this...

komodologo.gif

Like I said. ;)

I'm partial to ambiguous or illusion art like http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=br_ ... s=Wordplay or http://www.solarmagic.com. Kids really love Wordplay (and the tees) and the best childrens book done in that vein, but better is "Round Trip" by Ann Jonas (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/068809 ... e&n=283155). I've even suggested thermochromatic sp? (appears or changes with tempature) art to Dennis, but it probably too novelteeish. I also like message/puzzle art like Rebus ( http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/080691 ... oding=UTF8 )

You are correct the Komodo is cool and it makes sense with the name being the same as the Q, but so many people are afraid of lizards and or snakes.

Paul

yeah, it would be cool if you could make "Kamado" look like a big ol' dragon with a tail.

i wasn' t actually suggesting my "art" as a logo, but to give an idea of a more "photographic" sort of cameo of a komodo dragon's face, just "comin at ya!" i don't think it'd scare anybody.

plus, come on, the concept begs comparison. scales/tiles, "fire breathing", big and heavy, durable. hungry...

i've already named my KK-to-be "Q-zilla". they refuse to cook without a name or identity, you know :D

why not go the next step and give them faces?

I think a Kamado could be design to look like almost anything. A dragon. A turtle. A gator. (The last 2 are very tasty, btw. And, I wouldn't mind trying the dragon = iguana.) The real beauty is does the forum contribute to the function. In South Florida, I think the answer would be YES for the turtle or gator and I'm aware that is somewhat of a stretch. Does designing a Kamado to look like a a turtle truly contribute to its function? Depends on ones POV. And, I LOVE the idea of a dragon in the right setting. I can see the fire and coming out of his nostrils and the tail could act as a control center. :) In reality, it just seems too diverting. Perhaps as a hobby . . .

CNC laser cut name in plate

I just picked up a sample of stainless which sits under the lower latch assembly which is under the handle.

I had them cut Komodo on the left and Kamado on the right..

My idea was to later fill the letters with grout.

Time to brand the cookers...

Yes photos are on the way...

how 'bout this for a logo??? imagine it as a line drawing stamped or cut into your stainless...

capt.jak10105160425.indonesia_volcano_jak101.jpg

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ ... jak101.jpg

I like the idea of my KK as a volcano. elemental, powerful, dangerous... and hotter than any conventional grill can get...

men will cook when there is danger involved!

Re: CNC laser cut name in plate

I just picked up a sample of stainless which sits under the lower latch assembly which is under the handle.

I had them cut Komodo on the left and Kamado on the right..

My idea was to later fill the letters with grout.

Time to brand the cookers...

Yes photos are on the way...

what would be cool is for you to offer your current owners a bolt on badge when you finalize the design ;) ... free of course :o

I don't know about that; a stylized full-front of the face with those eyes bearing down on you as you reach for the dome handle... stamped in stainless steel...

I think it'd be cool. I've actually got a picture of it in my head, just not the talent to render it.

komodologo.gif

Um... I think that looks like a t-shirt with some sort of obscene graphic on it... :roll:

komodologo.gif

isn't that the logo for the punisher??

We need to number these logos and vote on them

1 - Big Dragon in center of Komodo Kamado

2 - Cooker with chinese writing in middle of Komodo Kamado

3 - Our Tiled Cooker in middle of Komodo Kamado

Can't one of you web gurus do a survey voting thingee as we test out these new banners and have a running vote going?

So far I like #3