twharton

Marketing Support a.k.a. Excuse To Torture The Neighborhood

A few weeks ago I got a nice email request from our Guru across the big water to demo my baby Gigantor to a soon to be KK'er from Montgomery, AL who has kin in my little slice of paradise; Gulf Breeze, FL ('Where thousands live the way millions wish they could")

Larry and I spoke on the phone a few times and he was in town last weekend and stopped by with his Bro. in Law and son. My wife and #2 daughter have been ridiculing me for cookin 2-3 times a week, each time enought to feed 10-15 (there are only 3 at home, #1 daughter in college). My college daughter's freezer is overflowing, as is her boyfriends as is both of ours at home but...or should I say 'butt'....no I should say loin. Loin...which I had one frozen 10lb in our freezer which means I could have room for one cooked 10lb in our freezer and I had this request for assistance from my hero Dennis....(introduced via PC, thanks again)....loin I digress...I decided to let my visitor start a fire and let him look at my raw meat. (BTW Dennis, he asked beaucoup questions and I believe he sold his brother in law on one who lives right around the corner from me. The only potential competition was the BGE but after he saw my Gigantor well...you should have an order by now.)

So here's my fire, raw meat (10lb loin cut in half...kosher salt on one and Konriko Cajon Seasoning on the other) I tortured the neighbors and fire department with all the smoke. It was awesome (I know I'm Modest) I'll mention the weekend before I cooked a leg of lamb AND beef tenderloin for friends that was the best tasting ever. They are still raving. No pics I just cooked, drank, enjoyed the praise, drank, drank.....

The meat

P2100015.jpg

The altar (just getting warmed up)

P2100016.jpg

230 degrees & Prepped

P2100017.jpg

Is this what aliens do with thier probe?

P2100018.jpg

Where there's smoke....

P2100019.jpg

P2100020.jpg

Ready

P2100022.jpg

EAT!

P2100024.jpg

I'm still jealous of the tiles on that cooker. Hey, the meat looked great too (and I'm sure it tasted great), but that's just childsplay when you have a machine like we have (and DJ don't have...just thought I'd add that).

Yeah, he's probably ordered one by now. Well, maybe he ordered the same color as you did and it'll get terribly damaged in transit and I'll have to come down to Fla, or over to Ala and pick it up for rehab.

One can always hope!

Wish I coould get my camera software fixed so I could post pics again. I just bgt a 15lb whole ribeye (to be sliced into thick steaks), a couple of butts, 3 racks of spares, a big pack of thick pork chops. Doggit man, I gotta get home and grill something, I'm making myself aweful hungry.

You said you let him fire it up and look at your raw meat. Did you let him have any of the finished product? Your loins sure look good.

You know, if one didn't know what the thread was about, that could read really oddly.... :smt031 Good thing we know. :)

Good for you for spreading the word about the amazing cookers. An ambassador!

That looks awesome, bit of a delay on my order for a KK...

Wish I could be cooking on one here, although the smoke mght be an issue on some days (we have frequent total fireban's here in Sydney....oops)

That's no problem...if they show up, feed them...they literally be eating out of your hands from then on. :D

My new name...

Sanny I like your moniker...Ambassador....I may change my username.

If I do it today, in honor of N. Korea's Kimmy I could change it to "Dear Ambassador".

Anyhoo...Firemonkey yes I do leave it attached and I purchased a sunbrella cover from our very own fabricator John Edwards. You can see it tossed on the chest in the background in one of the pics. My Gigantor is the only thing I know of that looks good in a burkha!

TW, great post! those loins look really tasty! one of my favorites for a nice 3.5-4 low and slow with cherry or hickory. you slice it thin just like that and pile on buns or texas toast with some sweet bbq sauce (rasp chip!) and chow down.

and, tho i'm a textured man, i really like those tiles as well! i prefer the matte to the shiny ones! now its time for some grilled pok' chops for lunch! yeeee!

RAH! Black Textured Rules! :supz: