Aussie Ora

Cheers Tony b

Let us know what you think about the gunpowder. I've seen it at the local butcher just haven't pulled the trigger (pun intended) - LOL 
Love the stuff ,tony sent me a bottle last run it tastes great on everything .I asked if he could throw another in stocked he went large lol

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

:smt041

Happy that it finally made it this time!! No leakers either! 

Just so you know, Aussie, they have an even BIGGER size of the Gunpowder at the BBQ shop!!! And, yes, Charles, get some and try it on a steak - very good!! 

Can't wait for you to try the Cornell Chicken recipe. I like it better than the Alabama White Sauce. 

• Like 1

:smt041
Happy that it finally made it this time!! No leakers either! 
Just so you know, Aussie, they have an even BIGGER size of the Gunpowder at the BBQ shop!!! And, yes, Charles, get some and try it on a steak - very good!! 
Can't wait for you to try the Cornell Chicken recipe. I like it better than the Alabama White Sauce. 
Cheers mate .what a 44 gallon drum lol . Cornell chook this weekend seems the go. Gave some tri tip some gunpowder 6aa7990cb8309be71752ea099fbc8931.jpg239bac06bb8bed37cde003acb421d120.jpg32a427bfc828a3c5a7f6b1c22b07a25a.jpg

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I used my Gunpowder on a ribeye cap last night. Too damn hot to fire up the oven, so I experimented with doing the melting potatoes in a cast iron skillet on the lower grate. Worked out pretty good. You'll have to look close to see the steak hiding in the back, more directly over the fire back there doing the reverse sear. Had just swapped places with the skillet. 

612347726_SteakCaprese003.thumb.jpg.df7dfafb9a77b72cbdc09517123d4698.jpg

Plated with a nice Caprese salad, as my basil plant is starting to go crazy!

1598035917_SteakCaprese004.thumb.jpg.f463dbc04a4975ca5130ad6e09736026.jpg

• Like 3

16 hours ago, ckreef said:

Looks tasty. I have to ask - what is melting potatoes?? 

Something I ran across on the internet one day. I've fallen in love with them.

Ingredients (Servings: 6 )
  • 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled
  • 6 tablespoons butter, melted (I mix in half olive oil) 
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme (rosemary is good, too)
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
  • 2 garlic cloves, lightly crushed and peeled
Instructions
  1. Place oven rack in upper-middle position of oven and heat oven to 500 degrees. (The key here is a very hot oven - that's why I used the lower grate and CI skillet - too damned hot right now to fire up the oven this hot!)
  2. Combine melted butter, thyme, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
  3. Square off ends of potatoes and cut into 3/4 to 1-inch thick disks. (Another key - thick slices)
  4. Toss potato slices in butter mixture and arrange in a single layer in a 13 by 9-inch metal baking pan. (See NOTE below)
  5. Roast for 15 minutes.
  6. Remove pan from oven and use a spatula to flip potatoes over. Place back in oven for 15 minutes.
  7. Remove pans from oven and flip potatoes one more time. Add chicken broth and garlic. Place back in oven until potatoes are tender, about another 15 minutes.
  8. Baste potatoes with sauce and serve.
Recipe Notes

Be sure to use a metal baking pan. A glass baking dish can shatter in a very hot oven.

Recipe Source: Cook’s Country December/January 2014

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1