Hogsfan

Hi...I'm hogsfan

Also, now there is really no longer a way to know what other common customer service issues are happening. So I just decided to neutralize the problem altogether by getting the most over engineered grill in the world. lol.  

Unfortunately, that is true about decreased access to information about customer service issues. That’s one thing that has impressed me about Dennis — I have found him to be completely upfront about and open to discussing issues regarding KK grills, whether it’s here or via email.

Dennis has always been totally transparent with me in all my dealings with him. I've never once, not once, ever heard him say a single disparaging word about other cookers. He even advised me against buying certain accessories at the time I ordered my first KK. He told me to wait, get to know my KK, and if I was still so inclined, go ahead and order the accessory at a later date.

Once you lay your hands on a KK, you understand in a instant why you don't read about any issues with bands, lids slamming shut, lids falling off, cracked fireboxes, etc. Those issues simply don't happen with the KK because of the deep thought that goes into the KK design.

The KK is experience is very tacit in nature. People ask why we pay the prices we do for our KKs. I've given up telling them that if they have to ask the question they'll never understand the answer. I've been called an elitist bastard and worse. But that's the truth. They won't understand. They try a reductionist approach to a KK. The KK isn't merely the sum of its parts. There is a synergy to the KK that's not apparent until you open the latch for the first time.

The KK is an entirly self-consistent system not merely an assembled assortment of pieces.

• Like 1

Hi Hogsfan.  That worked well for me, I picked up that Terra Blue that you passed on. :toothy5:   Its on the truck and should make it to my place late next week.

Congratulations! I love that color. She didn't hate it but she didn't love it and I didn't feel good about making her look at it forever if she didn't love it. Too be honest, I don't think she realized how pretty the terra blue is in person. I think it looks a lot better up close in person than it does in pictures. 

Congratulations! I love that color. She didn't hate it but she didn't love it and I didn't feel good about making her look at it forever if she didn't love it. Too be honest, I don't think she realized how pretty the terra blue is in person. I think it looks a lot better up close in person than it does in pictures. 

You'll love that Cobalt Blue.  I have a CB POSK which looks nice.(its probably one of the few that still has 98% of its tiles)   However, it's being retired. ;-)

I actually have never seen a KK in person.  That will change when mine arrives this week.

You'll love that Cobalt Blue.  I have a CB POSK which looks nice.(its probably one of the few that still has 98% of its tiles)   However, it's being retired. ;-)

I actually have never seen a KK in person.  That will change when mine arrives this week.

You are in store for a treat when your KK arrives.

It came today. It is really pretty. A little darker than I expected, but it looks nice.

post-1083-144252948312_thumb.jpg

post-1083-144252957563_thumb.jpg
My son opened it and said "oh my gosh! It opens automatically!"

post-1083-144252960716_thumb.jpg

This thing is awesome. I'm still in the process of unpacking everything but here's a few pictures for those that are interested. I've got an email in to Dennis because I did not receive the side tables or rotisserie I was expecting. I also can't find the grill grippers (do they still come with those?),  but I'm sure he'll straighten it all out whenever he wakes up tomorrow. (i'm assuming it's nighttime there now.)