tony b

Vast Canadian Conspiracy Uncovered!

I have discovered an insidious plot that the Canadians are trying to conquer us with their Chalet chicken!!!   :eek:

Made another batch for dinner tonight, but I "amp'ed up" the dipping sauce with Trader Joe's Green Dragon sauce (think green chile Sriracha) and some fresh lemon thyme off my plant. 

Sampled 3 different rubs to see which I thought would go best with the Chalet marinade - Yardbird, Fin & Feather (both from Plowboys), and Cimmaron. While Yardbird is my favorite chicken rub, I thought Cimmaron was a better match with the Chalet. 

Dennis' money shot!

post-975-0-87977500-1453685061_thumb.jpg

I'm ready for my close-up, Mr. DeMille!

post-975-0-34592300-1453685100_thumb.jpg

Done!

post-975-0-04089400-1453685124_thumb.jpg

Plated, with roasted Yukon Gold potatoes (there go those Canadians, again!) and some steamed Broccoli. Red Lobster biscuit (but with Parmesan cheese and some roasted garlic).

post-975-0-58258600-1453685216_thumb.jpg

$$$$$

post-975-0-49091500-1453685242_thumb.jpg

First, it was Poutine, now Chalet Chicken. They are trying to win us over with their food and doing a damned good job of it!!! 

Can you get real chicken in Iowa today?   Don't know about other's here but I've mostly given up on supermarket chicken, yes even Whole Foods organic blah blah blah...as it all tastes the same...or rather taste-less the same :/.   Even in California where they grow chickens by the gajillion its nearly impossible to find a real chicken (I suppose they're called "heirloom" breeds now)...

Rant over :D

Can you get real chicken in Iowa today?   Don't know about other's here but I've mostly given up on supermarket chicken, yes even Whole Foods organic blah blah blah...as it all tastes the same...or rather taste-less the same :/.   Even in California where they grow chickens by the gajillion its nearly impossible to find a real chicken (I suppose they're called "heirloom" breeds now)...

Rant over :D

I can get a decent free range, no hormone, blah, blah, bird from my butcher at the Farmer's Market. But, most of the time, I settle for the supermarket variety - cheaper! (I just bought a 10 lb bag of leg quarters for $4.90! That's $0.49/lb for the math challenged. :sign5: ) 

Nice chicken Tony, Imam going to go search the recipes area now! :)

No recipe, just need the package of the Chalet marinade and sauce mix. Amazon has them. I just ordered some, as this cook used up my last package of marinade sent to me by a buddy from The Great White North. 

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NGQ5O74?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01