ckreef

Mrs skreef's Accident

On 11/14/2016 at 11:15 PM, Shuley said:

Holycrap you must be in a boat load of pain. I will pray that you will have some comfort.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Thank you Shuley. Yes it has been very painful. Seeing surgeon tomorrow for 1 week check up. I hope I will  get a good check up.  

On 11/15/2016 at 5:22 PM, tony b said:

Great news, indeed that there's no apparent nerve or tendon damage!! 

Just don't stay on the oxy for too long. It works, but it's nasty stuff! 

I have been going and going longer without meds.. I too don't want the need of them no longer than I need them. Everything so far is going well. 

On 11/12/2016 at 0:45 AM, Aussie Ora said:

Funny but I hope her work will look after her like they should

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

My company did not wait around. They moved fast. So thankful I work for a company who put my well being top priority. Very pleased. 

• Like 4

Try acupuncture for pain if that is possible where you live.  It really helped me with multiple muscle/skeletal issues.

And yes Tony B, scar have much more interesting stories.  I could write a long book and my medical file is an ever expanding testament to those ideas :-)  I do not have tattoos but I would wager that they are less painful initially, physically, but can lead to emotional misgivings in the future.

• Like 1

Try acupuncture for pain if that is possible where you live.  It really helped me with multiple muscle/skeletal issues.

And yes Tony B, scar have much more interesting stories.  I could write a long book and my medical file is an ever expanding testament to those ideas :-)  I do not have tattoos but I would wager that they are less painful initially, physically, but can lead to emotional misgivings in the future.

To be 53, I'm very surprised that this is my first ever broken bone,growing up on a farm with so much kid mischief. I was a bit of a Tom boy. The best thing for me is, I am not on any kind of medicine for any related health issues. I rarely ever have to take Tylenol. I feel very blessed to be able to say that. The only thing I really am concerned with is there is so much Cancer that runs in my family.. I pray I don't carry that gene.

Mrs. Reef's Bistro

• Like 1

You are so fortunate.  Drugs are an evil necessity at times and my first broken bone was a pinky finger that got stepped on in the sandbox while in kindergarten.  I managed to go another 15 years and then had my pelvis fractured by shrapnel so that make 2 broken bones.  Fortunately I could not see bones sticking out like your incident!

1 minute ago, Sharon said:

Oh my!  That looks awful and mighty painful!  Time for her to put her feet up and let others take care of her.  Be sure that she gets some PT down the road to regain full use of the finger back.

No, put her hand up so it will throb less!  Feet up makes the blood rush toward the other end of the body.  Sitting up in the easy chair with hand higher than head is probably most comfortable and I would wager she has already found out :-)

• Like 1

You are correct, easy is good since getting the blood pumping while trying to do something else would hurt even with hand elevated.

Range of motion with knuckle being involved is scary.  Infection would be a concern as well so taking it easy and keeping it clean, dry and drinking good fluids and eating good food is essential.

I have been pretty lucky in life when it comes to trauma and have survived all of it, so far :-)

I hope she has a designated cooker/chef for the KK!!

• Like 1