DennisLinkletter

Meat Hanger.. Whatcha Think?

@tekobo didn't really have to do much pushing - I was sucked into the vortex of buying frenzy when I tasted the result of the cook.

Mrs RokDok was also in non-coerced agreement - so no need for subterfuge or trying to make out that when it arrived it was some kind of shower fitting or car part. 

My poor son - who lives in Boston has agreed to take delivery of one, ( he has one room in a shared appartment ), so I've now got a good excuse to pop over and see him.

@tekobo and I have played gadget acquisition ping-pong for four years now  and I am losing badly.

• Haha 3

On 6/25/2024 at 9:47 PM, Tyrus said:

You have the original deflector in the pic...must be ancient days passed bye.  Decorative piece, functional too....I like it.

You can't really see it in this photo, but that was my old POSK. I didn't get my KK until 2012 when the POSK started to crumble (as they pretty much were known to do - some sooner than others.)

On 5/2/2024 at 5:16 PM, tony b said:

I know that I sound like a broken record but don't forget about our "friend", Powdered Brewers Wash (PBW), for cleaning stainless steel gear, like rotisserie parts and I'm sure that it would do a similar job on the hanger.

Got one of these a little while IMG_8298.thumb.jpeg.aae0646dd9989c55cfc44ab9f80517f6.jpegago and it seems to do the trick.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, RokDok said:

Got one of these a little while ago and it seems to do the trick.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the difference between cats and dogs.  My cats sit and watch me scrub all that bbq goodness off my grates and then demand their own food.  Latest battle is Sindbad deciding that he no longer likes pheasant and will only eat home minced raw chicken thighs.  When I die I want to come back as a cat!

• Haha 2