Web Analytics Made Easy -
StatCounter
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Wingman505

Commercial Quality Kitchen Scale

My wife and I really want to find a high end scale for the kitchen.  We search and are disappointed by what we find.  I know you all love quality kitchen implements... Can you give us any suggestions?  Do any of you have a high end scale?

Are you looking for a scale for large quantities or small amounts? How accurate do you want? 

Modernist Cuisine has nice accurate scales for smaller quantities. 

Check Webstaurant.com for commercial sizes. 

@Wingman505, as Tony's questions imply, it depends on what you need.  I also think that "high end" and "commercial" may be mutually exclusive.  We had a fancy pants scale for many years that irritated me by conking out periodically and not measuring above 5kg.  This year The Husband bought us a new, very simple and cheap scale from a commercial supplier in the UK.  It's advantages are that it measures more accurately, can switch between units easily and gets up to much higher weights.  I use that alongside my "drug dealer" scales which measure small weights very accurately and help with things like yeast and salt for bread making etc.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
On 9/6/2020 at 12:34 AM, tekobo said:

I use that alongside my "drug dealer" scales which measure small weights very accurately and help with things like yeast and salt for bread making etc.  

I thought the purple crack you guys were using was just a nickname for a rub.😀

• Haha 4