CLeeThom

Prime rib rotisserie

I searched the Forum for information on a rotisserie cook prime rib, so I thought I'd add my experience to the base.

Three bone, 7# roast (bones cut from and tied to the meat), lightly covered with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper then dried uncovered in the fridge for three days.  Room temperature roast was lightly olive oiled and lightly seasoned with a rub (Montreal steak rub), put into the cooker with indirect heat for 2 1/2 hrs with temps @ 300 +/- 25* F (not good with temp control yet) and a few pieces of cherry wood and a drip pan.  Internal temps ranged from 120* - 130* along the roast when pulled.  Removed and rested for 25 minutes under an foil tent.  KK was brought up to 550* and each side of the roast was seared for a minute.  This was done on the upper grill, not down on the flames.  After about a 10 minute additional rest it was sliced and served.

This came out on the upper side medium rare/medium.  The meat was very moist with great juice.  There were no drippings in the pan - only fat from the cap.  The texture was buttery soft.  Everyone at the table had positive comments.  One guy suggested he would have his prime rib at the house rather than the local steak house.

I was nervous with this first PR cook, especially considering the cost of the roast.  All in all it was very easy.  I'm looking forward to another rotisserie rib cook.  Hope this helps out.

Cheers

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the info, I have a PR being delivered from Snake River farms tomorrow. A nice Wagyu for my 60th birthday in September 

i wasn’t exactly sure how to go about it on the rotisserie but will be collecting as much information as possible between now and then 😁

• Like 2