pastorom

KK 32 built in outdoor kitchen/table ideas

Hi Folks,

Got my KK 32 towards the tail end of summer/fall last year. Loving it so far. We're going to attempt building out an outdoor kitchen this spring/summer. I've searched everywhere, but i can't find any pics/examples of a KK 32 that is "built in". Most of the kit/ready to assemble type outdoor modules either don't do curves, or tend to have a little platform to raise up the kamado (which I wouldn't need). 

Specifically looking for roti clearance and how people have made that work. 

I did think long and hard about getting one of Dennis's tables, but my wife prefers a stone/built in look. Aways an option though. 

Edited by pastorom

Apologize, I was thinking the 32 as flat bottomed and that's not the case, it's on wheels. I removed the post seeing it wouldn't work with shelf level design, however placing it between 2/3 walls with your stone work would work by building the walls to accept the width. I remember when I purchased a Primo setting that Kamado onto a table shelf and for some reason I was seeing the 32 the same way. No matter, it can be done by simply building around it and then joining the cabinetry/counters aside. Yah know, come to think of it...it wouldn't look bad without the wheels, just a thought.  

Edited by Tyrus
  • Like 2

Hi Folks,

Got my KK 32 towards the tail end of summer/fall last year. Loving it so far. We're going to attempt building out an outdoor kitchen this spring/summer. I've searched everywhere, but i can't find any pics/examples of a KK 32 that is "built in". Most of the kit/ready to assemble type outdoor modules either don't do curves, or tend to have a little platform to raise up the kamado (which I wouldn't need). 
Specifically looking for roti clearance and how people have made that work. 
I did think long and hard about getting one of Dennis's tables, but my wife prefers a stone/built in look. Aways an option though. 

Pulled a few examples from Instagram page. Two. 32’s one 23’ that could be similar for a 32’. Make that 23’ a 32 in the pic and buy a 19’ for the left side . I’d imagine Dennis could put you in touch if you wanted to reach out and they were okay with it, but I’ve never asked and could be wrong.

One thing I’ve read that others noted, make sure you consider the rotisserie motor if you are planning on ever wanting to use it. Need enough room for it to be on and to connect it.

The same would be the for the propane insert and cold smoker but I’d imagine those are a lot more obvious and easy to leave clearance for.

10a92135a312ab524b44ab1b18110fd7.jpg
f522b19a147875de8d27da27be8788f7.jpg
9fed46bf58ccdc9b669a086a22306394.jpg
7a444747d54708e6301e3093e3b44f64.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, BOC said:

Pulled a few examples from Instagram page. Two. 32’s one 23’ that could be similar for a 32’. Make that 23’ a 32 in the pic and buy a 19’ for the left side emoji23.png. I’d imagine Dennis could put you in touch if you wanted to reach out and they were okay with it, but I’ve never asked and could be wrong.

One thing I’ve read that others noted, make sure you consider the rotisserie motor if you are planning on ever wanting to use it. Need enough room for it to be on and to connect it.

The same would be the for the propane insert and cold smoker but I’d imagine those are a lot more obvious and easy to leave clearance for.

10a92135a312ab524b44ab1b18110fd7.jpg
f522b19a147875de8d27da27be8788f7.jpg
9fed46bf58ccdc9b669a086a22306394.jpg
7a444747d54708e6301e3093e3b44f64.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are fantastic. The triangular cutout at the back especially is great. But like you mentioned, i have been using my roti a lot, and these pics seems like they would have the clearance issue for the motor. Don't plan on using the propane insert or cold smoker, so that one is easier to tackle. Thanks for the pics though, definitely gives me a good launching point to start off from.