Sanny

Friends and neighbors...

That's the idea I use, Cozy. If the roast is manageable enough, I don't do it quite as daintily as the photo suggests. I'm a knitter, so I form a large loop, slide it over the bottom, tighten, make the next one, slide the roast through... Kind of like casting on stitches, with the roast as "needle."

Way too early in the morning

Grrr.

It's 2 in the morning. I just checked the butts. They're not to temp yet.

Of course, when I put them on at 9 in the morning, I didn't think they would be finished until about 6 or so. 200 - 250 temp cooker. But by the time I went to bed, they were at internal of 165, so just in case, I thought I'd check in the night.

Woke up, put slippers on, and they're not cooked. So why did I decide they might be, and woke myself up? :mad:

I hate being awake in the middle of the night. :(

Me again...

Now it's 5:30. Only slightly more respectable on a day off. :colors:

I pulled the butts off the grill. Don't care if they're raw in the middle, they're coming off, and I'm going back to sleep! :sleepy1:

DSCF1022.jpg

And so much for trying not to use a spicy rub. I pinched a piece of bark just now, and about lit my mouth on fire, it's so peppery. :shaking:

I cannot take it anymore!! More sleep! :sleepy5:

Well, they look good from what I can tell! I like it spicy too. I don't wanna hear any whining about sleep, I still have not gone to bed since 3:30am yesterday (well, there was a short nap at work - hehehe). Changing up from day shift to night shift can be a pain, so it is easier to stay up. Now, chop me some BBQ! :axe:

-=Jasen=-

What I cant believe is that while getting up to check the butts, you could clear your head enough to post updates! Without typos, too!

My sisters family is coming to visit this week, and my Mom requested some que to have on hand. I have 2 bone-in butts from Sams that will go on this afternoon. We will see if I fare as well while waking up to tend the grill :wink:

I may be on the horn to shotgun Fred in the morning!

Well, I took the butts off at 5:30am (and posted pics!!). I left the butts out on the stove, to pull later, and went back to bed. Aaah, sleep without worrying about butts and overcooked bbq. :sleep:

At 8, leapt out of bed - I'd forgotten about 7:00 car repair appt. Ugh! :shock:

Home at 11, and pulled the pork. The butts were cool, so it was a finger pull, not a fork pull, but they're moist and delicious! :) YAY!! Wonderful chewy bark, good smoke pink.

They filled 3 gallon-sized ziplock bags, and into the freezer to await delivery to my friend for the Chinese supper. Good for me!

Except there's this email that just arrived. Plans changed. They changed the location. She's not hostess this time, so she doesn't need the pork, and could she have a rain check?

Anyone want some pulled pork for supper? :roll:

Except there's this email that just arrived. Plans changed. They changed the location. She's not hostess this time, so she doesn't need the pork, and could she have a rain check?

Anyone want some pulled pork for supper? :roll:

Alright, here's where you can justify the new foodsaver purchase. Just put it away in serving sized portions and it'll keep for much longer that it needs to. :D

And to the Chineses and the rain check...ah, that would be a big ole loud Chinese 'NO' :director:

Guava

Sanny' date=' whats the flavor of the Guava smoke>? Can you make any comparisons? I may have to order a box and give it a try.[/quote']

You know, FM, I had some Guava almost a decade ago when it was the new hip thing to order... I dunno... I was never very impressed by it myself. It was kind of... bland. If smoke can be bland. I did pork roasts and chickens with it and never found the taste all that appealing... smoky... but not savory. I mean, it wasn't a smoke taste I wanted on my food. Reminded me more of cardboard or something. But you know, that's just my opinion. Other folks seemed to enjoy it.

:scratch:

That said, your butts look delicious, Sanny. Very nice.

:smt038

Re: Guava

What nobody says anything about this :eek: and me and DJ are innocently discussing some shaft lenghts and we get called on it :(
Well' date=' I showed my butts. Neither of you showed yer shafts. :wink:[/quote']

I'll show you Tony's (on the right)

rotis1mediumbo2.jpg

Well' date=' I showed my butts. Neither of you showed yer shafts. :wink:[/quote']

yowza! i cant believe that sanny is talkin naughty! i have a recurring dream that starts just like this... but i'm delivering a pizza, not posting on the forum... hey sanny...

howyoudoin.jpg

yowza! i cant believe that sanny is talkin naughty! i have a recurring dream that starts just like this... but i'm delivering a pizza' date=' not posting on the forum... hey sanny...[/quote']

I'm not talkin naughty, PC! Just talkin about roast pork and rotisserie. :) What are YOU talkin about?

:angel12:

... i have a recurring dream that starts just like this... but i'm delivering a pizza' date=' not posting on the forum... hey sanny...[/quote']

I've seen this video.

Sanny winks at the pizza boy, gets him drunk, throws him down on the porch, and has him retile her cooker.

Boom chakka chakka Boom chakka chakka Boom chakka chakka Boom.