Conodo12

BBQ Guru Golf Club

Conodo12,

I have the golf club and I like it. I have not yet used it to light up for a low and slow, I think the MAPP gas torch alone will be best for that.

For high(er) temp grilling I like being able to jam it into the lump pile and let it rip away. I have the KK gas burner but don't really care for it, the club is easier. As far as the other listed "uses" for the Golf Club..... well it works great for lighting lump. :) 4 stars

Funny you mention this as I was going to run by a Harbor Freight today to look for a small weed burner (the ones that use the 14.1 oz bottles). When my back is acting up, I don't feel like getting down behind to the grill to light the burner. Used my regular torch here a good bit lately so I decided the long neck of the weed burner would make it even easier to use and it conveniently hang over the grill lip. Hoping I find one with the piezoelectric starter on it too.

http://www.amazon.com/Rafael-31-Propane ... 26&sr=1-21

Don't like the rubber hose on the Guru Club.

-=Jasen=-

http://www.amazon.com/Rafael-31-Propane ... 26&sr=1-21

Don't like the rubber hose on the Guru Club.

-=Jasen=-

With the G-Club, you hang the bottle on the edge of the grill, so the rubber hose allows you to position the flame where you need it. It also comes slides apart for easy storage in a small space.

The item you reference looks like it might work ok if the tube was about half as long.... and then there is the storage

Maybe you should call Fred and ask for one to "evaluate". :lol:

I'm sure this has topic has been visited before' date=' has anyone used the KK burner to cook with alone? I seem to remember this was accepted on the concrete cooker, with such a large burner it looks like you could (if you had to).[/quote']

I don't recall anything other than speculation about cooking with it alone. I have not.

In fact if anyone wants a slightly used burner with a front and back door, PM me.

The item you reference looks like it might work ok if the tube was about half as long.... and then there is the storage

I was thinking it might have to be cut down, but that is not an issue for me. Though the one I had heard about at Harbor Freight was much shorter. Only trouble is I cannot find it on the web site, so they might have quit carrying it. About to go check it out and see. I don't see storage being an issue as it can just hang on a nail in my shop.

If I wanted something like the Guru club, I would probably just make one. Looks like about 10 minutes and a piece of 3/8" ss tubing.

-=Jasen=-