ChefJeff

Blessed event...

Yes it's true, I am expecting---and Dennis is the father! ;) Guess I'll have some time to decide on a fitting name for my "bundle of joy", as I'm not quite sure what the gestational period is that leads to a Komodo's birth. Dennis said that I even have some time to decide on the tile color. Excited, obsessed and indecisive are all the feelings I am experiencing regarding which color to go for. Happy though, is quite the understatement, as I've waited a really long time before deciding on this addition to our family.

Even before deciding on impending parenthood, what has been fun for me, is spending daily time at the Komodo forum, just to keep up to date on topics. I think I've been here for over a year, lurking a lot, and posting a little. I strongly suspect that I'll be contributing much more as I finally become a K.K. owner, as most of the forum members are.

My love of ceramic cookers began with another highly rated company. I loved the cooker, and discovered taste and texture differences of foods that were off the charts ummmazing. In time though, the cooker behaved differently from one cook to another. This took away some of the joy. After much investigating, I learned that Komodo Kamado had addressed the concerns of what I was experiencing from my "other brand" cooker. The list of improvements and refinement is LONG, and I think I've taken up enough forum space in this post already. The bottom line is that I am looking forward to consistent cooks, for years and years, from Dennis's exquisitely machined cooker.

Cheers all,

Jeff

Hi Trish, Hi Sanny,

Our patio project (the nursery) is complete. What formerly was a dirt patch, became a goodly sized cement and brick slab. Our gas grill and electric smoker live there now---and unfortunately also our air-conditioner. Our air conditioner finally bit the dust and this week our new one has been installed. The fantasy was to locate the unit on top of the roof one day, but after learning about the costs of a new air and heating system, we opted to save the extra $1200 for relocation.

And Sanny---I absolutely am going to be using Johnny's services for "jammies". Thoughts on the E-Z que rotisserie? Or for that matter, a guru or stoker?

Cheers,

J

EZ-Que

CJ - the EZ-Que is a great move, I purchased the kit with both size rotis baskets and the AC powered 50# motor.

Have done two 7-8# chicken simultaneously, did a gyro loaf, a turkey and look forward to doing more on it.

Have to let you know though, the shaft between the motor and the rotis slips out of the hole in the side of the KK so a collar or rubber band fix needs to be applied.

There is a post on this forum dealing with the matter, i have used the rubber band because i keep forgetting to buy a collar when I am at the hardware store.

CONGRATS on your pending jubilation, enjoy..... :drinkers:

Thanks Tucker for the EZ Que information. This is a topic that I haven't been following all too closely. For some reason I thought that there was a "fix" to the slipping rotisserie. Guess I'd better get me a collar!

I thought that had been fixed too. A spring at the end of the shaft or something like that. I'll have to find the thread. I won't know for a few more weeks. 2 more weeks on the water and 1 across land... tick tock tick tock :clock:

Re: EZ-Que - That was long ago.

Have to let you know though, the shaft between the motor and the rotis slips out of the hole in the side of the KK so a collar or rubber band fix needs to be applied.

That was long ago... McGyver took care of that with these..

RotiSprings.jpg

http://komodokamado.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1876