tcoliver

Happy New Year

Sometimes...usually as a sandwich with fries for lunch, baked potato and some sort of vegetable at dinner time :) Of course one of the crab cakes would have to go home with me, since I always started with a bowl (not cup) of cream of crab soup.

You've been to Timbuktu, or were you just being resourceful with google?

You've been to Timbuktu' date=' or were you just being resourceful with google?[/quote']

I have (corporate HQ is there), but I can't bring myself to eat them sea spiders ;) People in the area rave about G&M's crabcakes if you're ever back there.

My last meal (imagined, of course) was a paltry chicken salad sandwich but with sub-zero windchill and 6" of snow falling I hope you can forgive me for not grilling. The problem with the KK is that it can be used in temperatures where I don't want to be, at least with the Weber I could claim it wouldn't get hot enough!

They are basically the same crab cake. FWIR, G&M and Timbuktu were owned by the same Greek brothers, but I think both have changed hands. Both G&M and Timbuktu are non-traditional crab cakes, and you have to either love them or hate them - there doesnt seem to be much in between.

My traditional-style favorite is The Narrows, located (surprisingly) at Kent Narrows across the bridge. But I am not picky, all crab cakes fall into the class of either really good, or really bad. Most anything in the MD region is in the former class. Gunnings, 1/4 mile down at the end of the street, has good ones too.

tcoliver - Great pics! I know one of the reasons I picked up the KK was to have fun with the family while doing cooks. My son and I love to go outside and cook on the KK! As my daughter comes of age and my newborn gets an interest, I see all three of us out there having a good time! My wife is happy to be cookin' up the sides inside during the winter months! lol

Wayne

Tony' date=' how come the kids look so much happier than you do???? :lol: [/quote']

Well they got the Lobster I only got the london broil!!!

Wayne, my wife is happy when I do ANY of the cooking. The kids have loved the food that comes off the KK, they don't like things that are dry or burnt and as we all know everything that comes off the KK is moist and juicy.

London Broil is a preparation

Tony' date=' how come the kids look so much happier than you do???? :lol: [/quote']

Well they got the Lobster I only got the london broil!!!

That London broil looks great.. sort of Tri Tip-ish!

Was it a flank steak?

What ever it was.. it looks great and deserving of a big smile!

I googled London broil and saw that it is a preparation, not a cut of meat.

Wikipedia:

The preparation of London Broil typically involves marinating the meat for several hours followed by heating in an oven broiler or outdoor grill. In both heating methods the meat is placed approximately three inches from a direct heat source and turned several times to promote even cooking and avoid burning. It is commonly served in thin slices, cut across the grain.

Yeah, they package it here as a cut also. It is very tasty if you slice it up thinly. We enjoyed both the London Broil and the lobster. The lobsters were so big we only ate the claws and even the legs, along with the steak it was plenty. We froze the tails and will have another feast tommorow evening. We'll heat them up in boiling water in the shrink wrap package and then throw them on the grill for a short high temp grill.

London broil is indeed a preparation, not necessarily a cut of meat. Top round,thick sirloin,cap from the sirloin,flank steak, and tritip have all been labeled at one time or another as London Broil. As with a Boston Butt, I'm not sure what London actually has to do with the cut of meat,and my apologies to the Brits everywhere, they're not well known for their beef,or at least their cooking of it.