Porkchop

What's going on the grill this weekend??

Re: so, SANNY is digging PORKCHOPS?

oh yeah! :smt007 ...

funny; i always thot lawyers preferred their own young on the grill :shock: just kiddin sanny!

Well, that would explain why I don't have kids. I wonder if I used to and misplaced them, or never did? Hard to say. :smt017

These were thick cut boneless. Very tender, very lean.

I butterflied and stuffed 2 of them. Well, not exactly butterflied. Made 2 cuts so it unrolled, and then stuffed with alouette cheese, and tied up in a roll. That's for later.

I'll have to try a brine next time. WAY too much salt the way I did em. WAY WAY too much. I'm all puffy from retaining water still!!! no no no, won't do.

Re: so, SANNY is digging PORKCHOPS?

oh yeah! :smt007

my favorite is the extra-thick cut bone in loin chop. looks like a little white t-bone 8)

oh, btw, porkchops almost always beg roasted sweet potatoes for accompan...accompan... to go with it :D with brown sugar cinnamon & butter! and i suppose corn on the cob wouldn't be missed either... and a defib.

Mmmmm, pork t-bone. Those are my favorites too. I could cook chops at least once a week (and usually do).

My favorite side for chops are new potatoes and sweet corn. I usually just toss them in a pot together, add some butter and season salt (FYI, the dizzy dust was great here). Plate them and give another shake of the dizzy dust!

-=Jasen=-

Alas' date=' I'm too lazy to make salsa. But I did make a yummy rice salad this morning. Excellent! The meat is going to have to wait until tomorrow, I think. Don't feel like it tonight.[/quote']

Had some chicken thighs and potatoes and mushrooms + goat cheese;

all on the KK...was delish :D

mojo

Well, it was after church saturday evening. 7:30 pm. Why not grill that top round steak? Yah, why not? Won't take over an hour...

Went out and lit the propane to get the lump started. Made the mojo (lime, not orange this time). Put meat in a tupper to soak. Probably won't be even a half hour of soaking, instead of the recipe's hour, but it's something.

Back outside to check the fire - no flame. Hrumph. Relit. No flame. Relit. No flame. Jostle tank. Gurgle. Ok, so it's not empty - shouldn't be, since I use it 3-5 minutes at a time, then shut it off.

Mutter mutter. Ball up newspaper and nestle it under the lump, light. Wait. Fan. Wait. Blow. Mutter.

The meat got the hour of marinating after all... mutter mutter.

Thanks all for the suggestions in the other thread. I'll bring the burner inside and see if there's a blockage.

Might as well resurrect this thread...

Anyone cookin anything this weekend?

I'm hitting Costco for butts for the engagement party. I promised a friend I'd do pulled pork for her daughter's party. It's not til June, but there's lots to do. She's going to freeze it.

And maybe pick up some ribs, while I'm there. Cooks Country this time has a Cola baste for ribs that looks pretty good.

The same issue (June/July 2008) has a "south carolina pulled pork," with a yellow mustard rub and sauce. I know a lot of you use mustard on your butts, so I'm going to give it a try. Dry mustard for the rub, mustard, brown sugar, vinegar, etc, for the sauce. Don't know if I will try it for THIS cook, since I am going to make lexington and raspberry chipotle sauce for a choice at serving time.

I just scrubbed the grills (WHY don't I do that right after a cook? Would save so much time...), and filled the lump basket. Doggy is sniffing happily - this process means good stuff is a comin! :grommit:

(by the way, I never did get the gas burner working. I just use fire starting stick things. Wax and sawdust, compressed.)

Nothing. New KK won't be here till Monday or Tuesday :smt022

That's sad. :(

I don't have one at all - even in the process of delivery. That's sadder.

But, I do have 6 racks of ribs on Another Manufacturer's cooker. I'm trying the cola glazed ribs, I mentioned above. Of course, they're imaginary. Someone's Mother has liberated my camera. :roll:

For the first time, I peeled the silvery membrane, and trimmed the flap and all off the ribs. Perfect rectangles, now. Broke my heart! But, I'm sure it will all be for the best. I'll put the extra meat on the grill when the ribs come off. There's no room on there now.

First cook of the year. :) The lump is a little damp from the wintertime, even in the shed, so there's lots of steam at startup. And it's taking a while to come up to temp. But that's ok. It'll dry. And now I can go get a new bag of lump. :)

Hopefully I will be able to upload a video or at least post a link to the video, I will be showing my KK on ABC7 Chicago on Monday, Grilling tips, and the like. We'll have kabobs, flat irons,some portabello mushrooms. If it rains,I'll have done them at home the night before at home, and can only show the cooker as a prop. This is the first of many appearances to come! Another one next Saturday morning on NBC. GO KomodoKamado!!!