mdbinkc

3-2-1 Margherita

Add 3 parts premium tequila (we use Padron Silver), 2 parts Cointreau, and 1 part fresh-squeezed lime juice to shaker with ice. Shake well, then pour over ice spheres into a chilled, salt-rimmed highball glass. Think of this beverage as a Mexican Martini. Very refreshing with your fajitas!

You can find ice sphere molds online. It adds a nice effect to your beverages, and the scientific principle is that spheres have a smaller surface area per volume than cubes, thus they last longer in your drinks (less melting, and therefore dilution of your high-end liquor).

Enjoy!

Re: 3-2-1 Margherita

Sounds good. Try this one: (this is a carnivorous group, I hope no one is offended with fruits!!!!) :D

Whole Fruit Margaritas for VitaMix Blender

1 orange

1 lemon. (Remove peels on all fruit)

1 lime

1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons sugar

1/4 cup water

1/4 cup Triple Sec or GranMarnier

3/4 cup Tequilla

Ice to thickness desired and blend. Works great in a Vitamix for sure

Guess it means summer is cutting the corner, excuse the camera work. Bought this ready made at the packy,  while drifting in, had a taste and bought it local. 3-2-1 maybe but the 1 was at the register

DSCF2339.JPG

Edited by Tyrus
  • Like 2

My go-to is:

1/3 fresh squeezed lime juice

1/3 simple syrup

~1/3 Tequila with a top it off of Grand Mariner

Imperial pint glass (20oz if memory serves)

I like to use a sliced lime to rim an imperial-pint glass for the salt, then fill the glass up with ice and put the it in the freezer. If you do this right when you start squeezing the limes, the glasses will be nicely frosted by the time it's ready to mix....And it helps keep the salt adhere to the glass.  Then add the lime juice and  simple syrup (to about 2/3's full).  The rest can be tailored depending on how strong you and your guests like it.  It goes down pretty easy...  And it can catch up with you just as easy!  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'm not sure about the 3-2-1 bit but here is my margarita recipe.

2 oz Tres Generacións Anejo

1 oz Cointreau

1 oz Grand Marnier

juice of 1 Persian lime (if traditional size - if one of those large, mutant limes, 1/2). Generally, about 1 - 1 1/2 oz.

All into a cocktail shaker with 8-10 oz cracked ice. Shake for a minimum of 30 seconds to blunt the alcohol. Pour into a salt-rimmed glass.

Drink.

Smile.

Repeat.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

If not having a standard Margie, this is my go to. Modified from a recipe by Brian Boitano. His recipe is for a batch, mine version is per Margie:

4 cups cubed Watermelon.

2 Tablespoons sugar.

2 Limes, juiced.

Add Watermelon and sugar to blender. Puree until smooth. Run through fine mesh strainer into pitcher. Add Lime juice. Mix well, refrigerate.

Pour 4 jiggers (6 ounces) of chilled watermelon mixture into a shaker with ice, add 2 jiggers reposado tequila ( I like Corralejo), and one jigger of Triple Sec. Shake well.

For garnish, mix 1 teaspoon chili powder with Kosher Salt or Margarita Salt. Dip glass rim in either lime juice or a little Triple Sec, and then the salt mixture. Fill glass with ice, pour Watermelon Margarita over the ice. Enjoy. Very refreshing in the summer time, but great anytime you can get fresh watermelon.

• Like 1