tinyfish

Neapolitan pizza night...

Tonight was pizza night. I have a wood fired pizza oven for pizza so I hope you don't mind its not on a KK. Its a two chamber pizza oven one chamber for firewood one chamber for pizza.post-2313-0-61342800-1428100175_thumb.jp.

Here is the fire chamber post-2313-0-89249300-1428100274_thumb.jp.

I cooked six pizzas tonight here's the dough balls 250g each made with 00 flour.post-2313-0-23787900-1428100404_thumb.jp.

This one's ready for the ovenpost-2313-0-07574000-1428100498_thumb.jp.

The cooking chamber can hold two large size pizza's post-2313-0-65286800-1428100583_thumb.jp.

Now its time to eatpost-2313-0-08990600-1428100827_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Sweet pies tiny! What is your dough recipe and where is the KK going?

MY dough recipe is from Fornobravo here's the link http://www.fornobravo.com/pizza/pizza_dough.html . I go by weight. If you don't have that flour any high protein flour should work 12% protein.

My KK has a spot beside his three friends Kamado Joe Jr , XL Big Green Egg and my wood fired pizza oven. Their all waiting for KK's arrival some more then others...lol

• Like 1

MY dough recipe is from Fornobravo here's the link http://www.fornobravo.com/pizza/pizza_dough.html . I go by weight. If you don't have that flour any high protein flour should work 12% protein.

My KK has a spot beside his three friends Kamado Joe Jr , XL Big Green Egg and my wood fired pizza oven. Their all waiting for KK's arrival some more then others...lol

I imagine the xl BGE is seriously worried about finding it's new home is the curb.

I imagine the xl BGE is seriously worried about finding it's new home is the curb.

Well its always good to have a couple larger size kamados for different temperature cooks.

Its my Joe Jr that should be worried...I'm really liking the 16.5" table top KK. I need a help group.

• Like 1

Well, expanding on the vegetarian subject :)...this Neapolitan dough pizza pie I made last Sunday was quite possibly the best pizza I've ever made; and I've made a ton of them.   The Happy Girl Kitchen (small batch stuff from Pacific Grove, CA) jarred tomatoes are in a league of their own and set the stage for some incredibly sweet intense "tomato-ee" tomato essence without the bitter component of nearly all commercially canned or jarred tomatoes...  

http://happygirlkitchen.com/collections/tomatoes/products/crushed-dry-farmed-tomatoes 

The dough was textbook perfect.  And this pie's dough was the first time I proofed from frozen dough.   It was, as I nearly always follow, Jeff Varasano's basic recipe using Caputo 00 flour, 5-day cold ferment before going into the freezer and then nearly an all day slow rise at coolish room temp the day of the bake.   The previous Sunday I made a 3-ball batch of dough and only had time to make two pies so I thought putting the dough into the freezer, although not with high expectations on the thaw side, would certainly be better than throwing it out.   Now I'm going to do more experiments with making and freezing the dough to verify if this one-pie crust was a fluke or possibly elevated because of the short freezing process...

Jeff Varasano's Neapolitan dough recipe (cold fermented 5-days) + roasted red bell + caramelized onion & fennel + Happy Girl Kitchen's canned organic Dry Farmed tomatoes + smoked cheddar, smoked mozzarella, Schoch Dairy's raw milk Romano and provolone cheese blend + sautéed fresh thick sliced shiitake mushrooms (butter & dry sherry finish) + EVO drizzle and arugula added at 3/4 baked.  

Baked on the my two-three KK at 700ºF for about 4-minutes elevated in the dome atop Dennis' crazy nice shaped baking stone over a combination of Dennis' coffee wood and coco-char lump.   Sorry I didn't get any 'on the KK' pie shots darn it.  

FullSizeRender 13.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dstr8 said:

Well, expanding on the vegetarian subject :)...this Neapolitan dough pizza pie I made last Sunday was quite possibly the best pizza I've ever made; and I've made a ton of them.   The Happy Girl Kitchen (small batch stuff from Pacific Grove, CA) jarred tomatoes are in a league of their own and set the stage for some incredibly sweet intense "tomato-ee" tomato essence without the bitter component of nearly all commercially canned or jarred tomatoes...  

http://happygirlkitchen.com/collections/tomatoes/products/crushed-dry-farmed-tomatoes 

The dough was textbook perfect.  And this pie's dough was the first time I proofed from frozen dough.   It was, as I nearly always follow, Jeff Varasano's basic recipe using Caputo 00 flour, 5-day cold ferment before going into the freezer and then nearly an all day slow rise at coolish room temp the day of the bake.   The previous Sunday I made a 3-ball batch of dough and only had time to make two pies so I thought putting the dough into the freezer, although not with high expectations on the thaw side, would certainly be better than throwing it out.   Now I'm going to do more experiments with making and freezing the dough to verify if this one-pie crust was a fluke or possibly elevated because of the short freezing process...

Jeff Varasano's Neapolitan dough recipe (cold fermented 5-days) + roasted red bell + caramelized onion & fennel + Happy Girl Kitchen's canned organic Dry Farmed tomatoes + smoked cheddar, smoked mozzarella, Schoch Dairy's raw milk Romano and provolone cheese blend + sautéed fresh thick sliced shiitake mushrooms (butter & dry sherry finish) + EVO drizzle and arugula added at 3/4 baked.  

Baked on the my two-three KK at 700ºF for about 4-minutes elevated in the dome atop Dennis' crazy nice shaped baking stone over a combination of Dennis' coffee wood and coco-char lump.   Sorry I didn't get any 'on the KK' pie shots darn it.  

FullSizeRender 13.jpg

Its been a long time since I had wood oven pizza and yours looks delicious. 

This house move is killing me...lol

I hate moving too!    My KK was in storage and out of commission last year for 8-months.   It was so long I actually started to think, in very simplistic terms, I could do without my KK and the whole BBQ thing as I downsize and try to make peace with a smaller and simpler life style.   It was a failed thought :D